Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo T430 - Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm to trying to create a brand new DSDT as I have just updated my BIOS. What are the patches you guys have applied from Rehabman's DSDT patches? Let me know. Oh and I have a T430.

Hi all,

I'm to trying to create a brand new DSDT as I have just updated my BIOS. What are the patches you guys have applied from Rehabman's DSDT patches? Let me know. Oh and I have a T430.

Fixes for my notebook:

- brightness fix (graphics_Rename-VID_AGP1.txt & graphics_PNLF_ivy_sandy.txt)
- layout change to 12
- battery fix

Hi,

And about yosemite 10.10.4 how kext can we use?

with a fresh install, need to do a new ssdt?

and how to have good keyboard shortcuts? like brightness .

Greats

Hi,

And about yosemite 10.10.4 how kext can we use?

with a fresh install, need to do a new ssdt?

and how to have good keyboard shortcuts? like brightness .

Greats

You don't need new dsdt or ssdt or new kexts for 10.10.4. They all still working.
Brightness shortcut for me is on CMD + F1 & CMD + F2. I use shades!

Oh really?

I noticed that my battery will last fully charged about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes the battery shows 0:01 minutes left. But the notebook will have energy for more than 40 minutes. Is there a way to get a working battery status?

I patched the dsdt (#battery_Lenovo-X220.txt) and implemented the kext (ACPIBatteryManager).

Oh really?

Yes. Shades simply uses alpha blending to change the colors on screen (luminosity), thus reducing the effective brightness. It does not affect the actual backlight hardware, thus no power savings as it relates to powering the backlight itself.

I noticed that my battery will last fully charged about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes the battery shows 0:01 minutes left. But the notebook will have energy for more than 40 minutes. Is there a way to get a working battery status?

I patched the dsdt (#battery_Lenovo-X220.txt) and implemented the kext (ACPIBatteryManager).

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

The Atheros wifi card comes from a Lenovo S205. I switched the wifi cards from both laptops because Windows 10 and S205 is a no go. I couldn't get the Intel card in the S205 working (flashed a couple of modded bios with whitelist) BUUUT the Atheros card works in the T430 oob and i don't know why :crazy:.

I guess i'm a lucky bastard. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

The Atheros wifi card comes from a Lenovo S205. I switched the wifi cards from both laptops because Windows 10 and S205 is a no go. I couldn't get the Intel card in the S205 working (flashed a couple of modded bios with whitelist) BUUUT the Atheros card works in the T430 oob and i don't know why :crazy:.

I guess i'm a lucky bastard. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

It is probably Lenovo branded.

If you were to collect the device-id/vendor-id/subdevice-id/subvendor-id anyone could re-brand an AR9280 (or AR9285) to match.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/115110-rebranding-atheros-928x-cards-guide.html

Note: Rebranding is easiest using Linux (refer to 'recovery guide' at above link).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back