Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo T430 - Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lenovo T430 - Yosemite

Great work! I followed your guild and it works almost perfectly on my T430s.
Thank you so much.

Just two little things:
1) My model has a thunderbolt interface, does anyone know how to get this work correctly? It doesn't show in the system report or work when I try to connect a external monitor.
2) Bluetooth can't work with thinkpad bluetooth mouse. Are you guys all using apple magic mouse?

Lenovo T430 - Yosemite

1) My model has a thunderbolt interface, does anyone know how to get this work correctly? It doesn't show in the system report or work when I try to connect a external monitor.
2) Bluetooth can't work with thinkpad bluetooth mouse. Are you guys all using apple magic mouse?

1) I only have mini display port - which works fine.
2) I don't use magic mouse. I use bluetooth for music streaming to my soundbar - works without problems.

Lenovo T430 - Yosemite

1) I only have mini display port - which works fine.
2) I don't use magic mouse. I use bluetooth for music streaming to my soundbar - works without problems.

I'm having the same problem as ivanhe:

My bluetooth works fine when pairing to an audio device, as you described.

However, when trying to pair with my Lenovo Thinkpad Compact Bluetooth Keyboard, it will pair and say "Connected" in OSX, but the keyboards' lights continue flashing as if it has not been paired yet. OS X will then disconnect after a few seconds, and try to connect again.

I have found this in my Console:

Feb 11 01:14:07 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: [IOBluetoothHIDDriver][getDevicePropertiesWL][00-00-00-00-00-00] Error retrieving device properties.
Feb 11 01:14:07 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: [IOBluetoothHIDDriver][probe] Couldn't retrieve device properties
Feb 11 01:14:41 MacBook-Pro.local blued[59]: Removing Bluetooth configured device: 90-7f-61-11-34-72
Feb 11 01:14:42 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][SuspendDevice] -- Suspend -- suspendDeviceCallResult = 0x0000 (kIOReturnSuccess) -- 0x9000 ****

Any ideas?

Lenovo T430 - Yosemite

However, when trying to pair with my Lenovo Thinkpad Compact Bluetooth Keyboard, it will pair and say "Connected" in OSX, but the keyboards' lights continue flashing as if it has not been paired yet. OS X will then disconnect after a few seconds, and try to connect again.

Feb 11 01:14:07 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: [IOBluetoothHIDDriver][getDevicePropertiesWL][00-00-00-00-00-00] Error retrieving device properties.
Feb 11 01:14:07 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: [IOBluetoothHIDDriver][probe] Couldn't retrieve device properties
Feb 11 01:14:41 MacBook-Pro.local blued[59]: Removing Bluetooth configured device: 90-7f-61-11-34-72
Feb 11 01:14:42 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][SuspendDevice] -- Suspend -- suspendDeviceCallResult = 0x0000 (kIOReturnSuccess) -- 0x9000 ****

Any ideas?

I should note that this same Lenovo keyboard pairs fine with my Macbook Air, so it likely has something to do with the non-Apple bluetooth controller and/or driver.

Lenovo T430 - Yosemite

Any ideas?

I was having this issue on Yosemite 10.10.2. Looking at the log, it looks like IOBluetoothHIDDriver is being told to probe device 00-00-00-00-00-00, when it should be 90-7f-61-11-34-72 in my case. I figured that this was being caused by incompatible versions of IOBluetoothHIDDriver and the patched BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext . My remedy appears to confirm this.

To fix, issue:

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions/{IOBluetoothFamily.kext,BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext}

Then, install the original IOBluetoothFamily.kext (you can find it in S/L/E on your UniBeast thumb drive) .

Now, edit the file: /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/Info.plist .

Right after:
<key>IOKitPersonalities</key><dict>
you will want to add:

<key>Bluetooth 4.0 USB Dongle</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>8678</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>2652</integer>
</dict>

You will then want to issue the following command to put the sub-kext in the S/L/E directory:

sudo cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

Rebooting or using "kextload" then got my keyboard pairing flawlessly.

Lenovo T430 - Yosemite

Thanks astanton

I find a kext all ready for connect my apple magic mouse.

Before, all device work except apple BT device.

My Apple Magic mouse now work correctly with this kext
pity that the card reader integration does not work.

I'll have to buy a USB card reader

Attachments

• IOBluetoothFamily.kext.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 198
Lenovo T430 - Yosemite

Thanks astanton

I find a kext all ready for connect my apple magic mouse.

Before, all device work except apple BT device.

My Apple Magic mouse now work correctly with this kext
pity that the card reader integration does not work.

I'll have to buy a USB card reader

Thanks! I tested and worked for me too. I will add in op post, if someone wants to use magic mouse :)

Lenovo T430 - Yosemite

Thanks! I tested and worked for me too. I will add in op post, if someone wants to use magic mouse :)

thank you to you for this guide to help me a lot , one question when you Multibest installation uses the DSDT option or you just check what you said on first post ?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XUUcYh7tDbQ/VGZg1jiD4uI/AAAAAAAAF0c/-xPPpdIHl-I/s1600/Region+capture+5.png

Other question, after sleep i'm lost sound,
Have you tested ?

Regards,

Lenovo T430 - Yosemite

thank you to you for this guide to help me a lot , one question when you Multibest installation uses the DSDT option or you just check what you said on first post ?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XUUcYh7tDbQ/VGZg1jiD4uI/AAAAAAAAF0c/-xPPpdIHl-I/s1600/Region+capture+5.png

Other question, after sleep i'm lost sound,
Have you tested ?

Regards,

I dont use "Quick Start" menu in Multibeast. I only check all the entries which listed in the op post. After that i copy the hole /Extra folder from my zip to my sdd. This includes all the post-installation actions such as system definition, boot parameter ... aswell as Quick Start.

I made some research on the sd card reader - and it seems that these Ricoh devices are very ****ty. Its like a lottery. For some works fine, other buggy and again other - like me - cant get it working.

The one i have in my T430 is a Ricoh ltd PCIe SDXC/MMC Host Controller [1180:e823] (rev 07). I used latest VoodooSDHC.kext with edited vendor and device ID, but without success. Kext will load but the systems doesn't recognizes the card reader. With a wrong Device ID 0822 the kext will load and throws only some dumps - same result here.

Maybe you have better luck - for me its not worth the time to investigate further.

Great work! I followed your guild and it works almost perfectly on my T430s.
Thank you so much.

Just two little things:
I had no luck with audio and Clover. Could you tell me which kext you used? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back