Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo T430 - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove unnecessary kexts from Clover/kexts/Other (for example, FakePCIID.kext does nothing by itself, impossible to have both Intel and Realtek Ethernet).

What is "different error" with AptioFix2?

Hi Rehabman

Long time no see. Managed to install Sierra successfully after some tinkering. Had the OS updated with all the latest release except for the last one i.e. 10.12.4. Each time I tried to boot it, the screen gets stuck at the apple logo. Interestingly enough, when I tried to boot in single user mode, @ the command prompt the keyboard won't response. Any idea, what gives? I have attached my EFI folder for your inspection.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.3 MB · Views: 92
Hi Rehabman

Long time no see. Managed to install Sierra successfully after some tinkering. Had the OS updated with all the latest release except for the last one i.e. 10.12.4. Each time I tried to boot it, the screen gets stuck at the apple logo. Interestingly enough, when I tried to boot in single user mode, @ the command prompt the keyboard won't response. Any idea, what gives? I have attached my EFI folder for your inspection.

EFI attachment is too large.
Attach only EFI/Clover without themes.

EFI attachment is too large.
Attach only EFI/Clover without themes.

Hi Rehabman

It seems I may have managed to isolate the cause of my problems with my Sierra build this time around. After updating to Sierra 10.12.4 three distinct issues has cropped up. First, my audio is not working, which have been in good shape throughout the initial steps up until the last update. Second, the battery indicator is forever showing the no battery symbol, which is a first as well; as it had been in working order from the beginning up until the last update. And finally, my patched DSDTs may have gone sour. I believe the latest Sierra update has broken something in the DSDT files. Because throughout the initial setup and all the updates except the last one, the DSDTs were never an issue until now. As soon as the 2nd stage rolling Apple logo comes on, the monitor goes dark and by guesswork when you managed to access the desktop you could barely make out the items on the desktop as if a veil or shroud is spread on the monitor itself. To put it in other words, as if the brightness is turned to almost zero.

Once again I have re-attached the EFI folder by throwing out the excess stuff. Hope you have some answers to my problems. In the meanwhile, I will try to come up with a fresh batch of DSDT files by following your patching guide. Should I run the ssdtPRgen.sh to generate my SSDTs? How will I place the DSDTs & SSDTs together or rather which ones should I use? Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 98
Hi Rehabman

It seems I may have managed to isolate the cause of my problems with my Sierra build this time around. After updating to Sierra 10.12.4 three distinct issues has cropped up. First, my audio is not working, which have been in good shape throughout the initial steps up until the last update. Second, the battery indicator is forever showing the no battery symbol, which is a first as well; as it had been in working order from the beginning up until the last update. And finally, my patched DSDTs may have gone sour. I believe the latest Sierra update has broken something in the DSDT files. Because throughout the initial setup and all the updates except the last one, the DSDTs were never an issue until now. As soon as the 2nd stage rolling Apple logo comes on, the monitor goes dark and by guesswork when you managed to access the desktop you could barely make out the items on the desktop as if a veil or shroud is spread on the monitor itself. To put it in other words, as if the brightness is turned to almost zero.

Once again I have re-attached the EFI folder by throwing out the excess stuff. Hope you have some answers to my problems. In the meanwhile, I will try to come up with a fresh batch of DSDT files by following your patching guide. Should I run the ssdtPRgen.sh to generate my SSDTs? How will I place the DSDTs & SSDTs together or rather which ones should I use? Any help is much appreciated.

Hi Rehabman

Just forgot to mention that I have been using the OP's audio kext @ the S/L/E.

Hi Rehabman

Lots of problems here:
- duplicate PS2 kexts (WTF?):
VoodooPS2Controller1.kext
VoodooPS2Controller2.kext
VoodooPS2Controller3.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
VoodooPS2Controller0.kext
VoodooPS2Controller4.kext

- VoodooPS2Daemon is not a kext and should not be in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext has no application to your hardware

No files in ACPI/origin... therefore not possible to verify anything in ACPI/patched. ACPI/patched looks messy though.

Correct "Problem Reporting" requirements...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Lots of problems here:
- duplicate PS2 kexts (WTF?):
VoodooPS2Controller1.kext
VoodooPS2Controller2.kext
VoodooPS2Controller3.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
VoodooPS2Controller0.kext
VoodooPS2Controller4.kext

- VoodooPS2Daemon is not a kext and should not be in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext has no application to your hardware

No files in ACPI/origin... therefore not possible to verify anything in ACPI/patched. ACPI/patched looks messy though.

Correct "Problem Reporting" requirements...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi Rehabman

Here's my recent EFI folder. Also attached the original ACPI tables.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 113
Hi Rehabman

Here's my recent EFI folder. Also attached the original ACPI tables.

You should fix what I've already mentioned.
And if you still have an issue, provide all "Problem Reporting" files.

You should fix what I've already mentioned.
And if you still have an issue, provide all "Problem Reporting" files.

Hi Rehabman

My apologies. Here are the tidbits you need for problem feedback.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 104
  • Farhina’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    5.1 MB · Views: 97
  • RehabMan.zip
    28.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Terminal Outputs.zip
    2 KB · Views: 91
Hi Rehabman

My apologies. Here are the tidbits you need for problem feedback.

The files in ACPI/origin are not the result of a Clover F4 extract.
Remove all files from that folder, then re-extract with F4 in Clover.

The ioreg you attached was not created after booting with the EFI/Clover you attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back