Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello RehabMan,

at last, my new BCM94352HMB/AzureWave AW-CB123H wifi card has come from china.

I put it inside the laptop and the wifi goes perfect, but the bluetooth is not detected. I know this card have wifi/bluetooth support.

What i have to do to make the bluetooth work?

Best regards,
Heri

P.d.: I'm with Yosemite 10.10.5

Edit:
In System Pref there is nothing in Bluetooth and PCI

You did not follow the guide correctly. ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml is text. Should be AML. As a result, power management is broken and this is known to cause other strange things to happen. Read post #1, "Power Management"

Also, the config.plist you're using is not from the guide. Read post #1, "Final config.plist".

And IntelBacklight.kext is not installed, BrcmPatchRAM is an old version... and at that point, I stopped looking. It is clear you didn't follow my guide.

Given you didn't follow the guide, you probably installed a kext that conflicts with BrcmPatchRAM.

My suggestion: Start over. Follow the guide as written in post #1.

Nevermind the last post on the error. I got it.
it was emuvariable.efi was in drivers64UEFI....

Nevermind the last post on the error. I got it.
it was emuvariable.efi was in drivers64UEFI....

Yes, EmuVariable can work correctly, but only if you install "RC scripts".

Hi RehabMan,

i'm the person who had the first irish intel video card and the strange i5-4258U, so i followed the guide step by step with yours suggestions, do you remember me?.

You did not follow the guide correctly. ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml is text. Should be AML. As a result, power management is broken and this is known to cause other strange things to happen. Read post #1, "Power Management"
I don't know why my SSDT.aml it was text, so i repeat de process to generate new one and now it's AML format. I reboot the laptop and all goes fine (but bluetooth)

Also, the config.plist you're using is not from the guide. Read post #1, "Final config.plist".
It's strange, so I'm using the config-irish.plist that you created about my strange video card

And IntelBacklight.kext is not installed, BrcmPatchRAM is an old version... and at that point, I stopped looking. It is clear you didn't follow my guide.

Given you didn't follow the guide, you probably installed a kext that conflicts with BrcmPatchRAM.

My suggestion: Start over. Follow the guide as written in post #1.
I not installed any new kekt, so i don't know if there are any conflicts with BrcmPatchRAM :(

It has been several weeks since i not read your guide, and maybe you updated some files without my noticing. May a update BcrmPatchRAM?

Best regards,
Heri

It's strange, so I'm using the config-irish.plist that you created about my strange video card

There are some changes to the currently checked in config.plist, so you'll probably want to update.

Especially if you're planning to update to 10.11.

I not installed any new kekt, so i don't know if there are any conflicts with BrcmPatchRAM :(

It has been several weeks since i not read your guide, and maybe you updated some files without my noticing. May a update BcrmPatchRAM?

You can update to the new kexts with:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/u430.git
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh

Also, since you installed new hardware, you must repatch ACPI. Repatching is covered in post #1.

After you finish, post updated files.

Thanks for the response to follow Guide 1, Rehabman. I installed 10.10.0 and everything works except for the brightness control and battery status indicator. I was able to get them both to work, but when I got them to work I would lose audio:banghead:, is there any way to fix this so everything works? View attachment 154855View attachment 154856View attachment 154857View attachment 154858View attachment 154859

If you follow the guide as written, everything works.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

There are some changes to the currently checked in config.plist, so you'll probably want to update.

Especially if you're planning to update to 10.11.

You can update to the new kexts with:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/u430.git
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh

Also, since you installed new hardware, you must repatch ACPI. Repatching is covered in post #1.

After you finish, post updated files.

Hi RehabMan,

i've the system in perfect state, all working as i expect but bluetooth.
Sincerely, i'm afraid to do something that broke some functionality, and all for the "stupid" bluetooth. What about if i put a simple usb bluetooth? :D

Best regards,
Heri

Hi RehabMan,

i've the system in perfect state, all working as i expect but bluetooth.
Sincerely, i'm afraid to do something that broke some functionality, and all for the "stupid" bluetooth. What about if i put a simple usb bluetooth? :D

Best regards,
Heri

Bluetooth works if you have a compatible device and have followed post #1 as written.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Make sure you did all tasks as I mentioned in post #577.

I have completed my initial work and testing of the 'livepatch' branch. It is ready for wider testing.

I wanted to see if I could, with some new Clover features, implement ACPI patching without having patched DSDT/SSDTs in ACPI/patched. With a few fixes to Clover, I have it working.

You will need Clover v3279 or newer. Currently, v3280 is available.

And you'll need to checkout the alternate branch:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/u430.git
git stash
git checkout -b livepatch origin/livepatch

Now you're ready to use it:
Code:
make
make install

Now you'll have just SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh) and SSDT-HACK.aml. There will be no patched DSDT.aml, or OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched on your EFI partition.

You will also need to update your config.plist to the one checked into the repo (config.plist or config_iris.plist). This config.plist has SSDT-HACK.aml in SortedOrder, and DropOem=false, injections via Devices/Arbitrary, and ACPI patches via ACPI/DSDT/Patches, ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.

This technique allows you to update BIOS, change hardware, change BIOS options as you wish without repatching.

Repeat: Do not use this technique without updating Clover. Older versions of Clover, because they don't have my bug fixes, will lock up at boot.

If there are issues, remember to read post #1, "Problem Reporting". Any problem report should also be accompanied by your native ACPI files (use Clover F4 or files from ~/Projects/u430.git/native_patchmatic)

Testing focus: I'm especially interested in other models (u330/u530) and models with Nvidia graphics as those are scenarios I can't test/verify on my u430.

I've been using this for a while now, and was just waiting for an official Clover build to become available with my fixes.

Confirmed working so far:
- u430 (mine and one other)
- u330p (with Nvidia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back