Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem updating to 10.10.3.

Note: I disabled the patch to IOGraphicsFamily (for boot glitch) in config.plist prior to starting the update process, just because others had reported it as a problem. After updating, I re-enabled it and experienced no problem, so I suspect that disabling it during the update wasn't necessary.

No problem updating to 10.10.3.

Note: I disabled the patch to IOGraphicsFamily (for boot glitch) in config.plist prior to starting the update process, just because others had reported it as a problem. After updating, I re-enabled it and experienced no problem, so I suspect that disabling it during the update wasn't necessary.

Just did the update without any modification. Worked without any issue!!
iMessage and FaceTime works like charm..
Now, all I need is new wifi card for the bluetooth... this is better than macbook :lolno:
Thanks!!

Known Problems

Audio: Intermittently, after wake from sleep, the system may not detect headphone hotplug. So, when you plug in the headphones, audio continues output to the built-in speaker. This is rare and will take a bit to track down (maybe not as rare as first thought). It can probably be fixed in CodeCommander.kext (eg. writing a value to a pin control widget). The work around is to plug the headphone in before waking the laptop (only display sleep is necessary).

I've got a fix for this coming (update to CodecCommander.kext). I have a little bit of code cleanup/review to do and some more testing and then I'll post the details soon.

I've got a fix for this coming (update to CodecCommander.kext). I have a little bit of code cleanup/review to do and some more testing and then I'll post the details soon.

CodecCommander.kext v2.3.0 is available for download. It should fix the problem of headphone detect after wake from sleep. Please test.

You can use download.sh and install_downloads.sh, or obtain the kext directly: https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander

CodecCommander.kext v2.3.0 is available for download. It should fix the problem of headphone detect after wake from sleep. Please test.

You can use download.sh and install_downloads.sh, or obtain the kext directly: https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander

I always appreciate you for your solutions!

I updated my machine to the new ver.10.10.3 and I have not found any problem yet.

But I have little question about audio device.

When I use the ver.10.10.2, audio devices are named the word Russian.

Now, using the ver.10.10.3, those seem like Norwegian words!

???? 2015-04-11 ?? 5.25.55.png

Can I edit the name to the English or Korean?

I always appreciate you for your solutions!

I updated my machine to the new ver.10.10.3 and I have not found any problem yet.

But I have little question about audio device.

When I use the ver.10.10.2, audio devices are named the word Russian.

Now, using the ver.10.10.3, those seem like Norwegian words!

View attachment 133568

Can I edit the name to the English or Korean?

Is your AppleHDA.kext the original vanilla kext?

Is your AppleHDA.kext the original vanilla kext?

Yes. Original kext with your patch.

I just find one issue. Your new codec commander(2.3.0) cause no sound after waking.

Yes. Original kext with your patch.

No idea. I don't use Korean language and can't read it anyway...

I'm guessing that you installed with localized language but then applied a US only/Europe only update.

Try fresh install.

I just find one issue. Your new codec commander(2.3.0) cause no sound after waking.

Snafu with build process (I do builds on my desktop, and forgot to do a 'git pull' to get latest source).

Try latest build.

No idea. I don't use Korean language and can't read it anyway...

I'm guessing that you installed with localized language but then applied a US only/Europe only update.

Try fresh install.

Snafu with build process (I do builds on my desktop, and forgot to do a 'git pull' to get latest source).

Try latest build.

Well, language mismatching problem is not critical issue for using.

And your new build of codec commander works perfect!:clap:

And your new build of codec commander works perfect!:clap:

Well... not perfect. The headphone sense fix seems to be only intermittently working.

I have some ideas on how to fix, but will not have time for it for a while... Workaround still remains (plug in headphone prior to boot/wake).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back