Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, of course I have done so. This is the complete output of "disassemble.sh" and "make patch" with a "make cleanallex" before (being booted from installer key):

Code:
MacBookAir:u430.git simon$ ./disassemble.sh 
cp: ./native_patchmatic/SSDT*.aml: No such file or directory

It is not working...

As you can see, there are no SSDT files in your native_patchmatic directory.

Use 'ls -l native_patchmatic' to see what you have there...

Note that the script relies on readme.txt being present in that directory (only) to determine if 'patchmatic -extract' needs to be done. You should also look at what you have in 'native_linux'

In the native_patchmatic directory there is only the DSDT.aml and the readme.txt present.

Running "patchmatic -extract" only puts the DSDT file into the current folder. NOT the SSDT file ?!

When I run patchmatic -exractall, I have these files present:

Code:
drwxr-xr-x  18 simon  staff    612 29 Mär 16:59 .
drwxr-xr-x  25 simon  staff    850 29 Mär 16:58 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff    140 29 Mär 16:59 APIC.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff    165 29 Mär 16:59 ASF!.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff     52 29 Mär 16:59 ASPT.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff     56 29 Mär 16:59 BGRT.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff     40 29 Mär 16:59 BOOT.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff     52 29 Mär 16:59 DBGP.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff  53628 29 Mär 16:59 DSDT.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff    244 29 Mär 16:59 FACP.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff     64 29 Mär 16:59 FACS.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff     68 29 Mär 16:59 FPDT.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff     56 29 Mär 16:59 HPET.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff    148 29 Mär 16:59 LPIT.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff     60 29 Mär 16:59 MCFG.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff    132 29 Mär 16:59 RSDT.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff    566 29 Mär 16:59 UEFI.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff     57 29 Mär 16:56 readme.txt

that is why the patch on the SSDT file doesn't work, I believe?

In the native_patchmatic directory there is only the DSDT.aml and the readme.txt present.

Running "patchmatic -extract" only puts the DSDT file into the current folder. NOT the SSDT file ?!

When I run patchmatic -exractall, I have these files present:

Code:
drwxr-xr-x  18 simon  staff    612 29 Mär 16:59 .
drwxr-xr-x  25 simon  staff    850 29 Mär 16:58 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff    140 29 Mär 16:59 APIC.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff    165 29 Mär 16:59 ASF!.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff     52 29 Mär 16:59 ASPT.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff     56 29 Mär 16:59 BGRT.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff     40 29 Mär 16:59 BOOT.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff     52 29 Mär 16:59 DBGP.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff  53628 29 Mär 16:59 DSDT.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff    244 29 Mär 16:59 FACP.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff     64 29 Mär 16:59 FACS.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff     68 29 Mär 16:59 FPDT.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff     56 29 Mär 16:59 HPET.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff    148 29 Mär 16:59 LPIT.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff     60 29 Mär 16:59 MCFG.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff    132 29 Mär 16:59 RSDT.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff    566 29 Mär 16:59 UEFI.aml
-rw-r--r--   1 simon  staff     57 29 Mär 16:56 readme.txt

that is why the patch on the SSDT file doesn't work, I believe?

You have no SSDTs. It is likely your config.plist is setting DropOem=true. Make sure your USB is setup as per the guide.

Please note that, according to the guide, the USB does not use the same config.plist that we use on the HDD.

I am so stupid. OF COURSE!

Thanks for reminding me - and sorry that I have to be reminded :banghead: :oops:

Once I thought it was a good idea to use the same config with the same patched DSDT/SSDT on the installer key. Well, it's not - now I know that. However, because of that my config.plist had the dropOEM present.

I redownloaded the HD4400 installer config.plist from your repo. Now it works perfectly well! DSDT/SSDT is freshly patched.

Thank you.

Once I thought it was a good idea to use the same config with the same patched DSDT/SSDT on the installer key. Well, it's not - now I know that. However, because of that my config.plist had the dropOEM present.

Yup... There is definitely a "method to my madness"...

I hope you won't mind one more stupid question:

According to your guide, the disassemble script and the make commands create a patched set of DSDT and SSDT. After that, the ssdtgen script extracts the SSDT.aml file as well.

Now after having repatched my DSDT/SSDT, do I have to use the ssdtgen script again as well?

Almost success, I feel i missed something, i followed the git to install the right kexts/placed the patched ssdt files. Brightness works normally with fn+ pause and fn+ scroll lock.

The trouble i am having now is audio, i don't see any output devices in the sys pref> sound>output.
Battery status is not showing.
the post install for power management/git u430 patches went successfully.

Note: My MacIasl does show 187 errors 28 warning 9 remarks( should i comment these out) // This is the part I'm really new to

I hope you won't mind one more stupid question:

According to your guide, the disassemble script and the make commands create a patched set of DSDT and SSDT. After that, the ssdtgen script extracts the SSDT.aml file as well.

Now after having repatched my DSDT/SSDT, do I have to use the ssdtgen script again as well?

No. ssdtPRgen.sh will create the same thing each time.

Almost success, I feel i missed something, i followed the git to install the right kexts/placed the patched ssdt files. Brightness works normally with fn+ pause and fn+ scroll lock.

The trouble i am having now is audio, i don't see any output devices in the sys pref> sound>output.
Battery status is not showing.
the post install for power management/git u430 patches went successfully.

Note: My MacIasl does show 187 errors 28 warning 9 remarks( should i comment these out) // This is the part I'm really new to

You should follow the guide for DSDT/SSDT patching.

Known Problems
Broadcom Bluetooth: Occasionally, on wake from sleep bluetooth will not be available. This is because the USB system doesn't re-probe the bluetooth device and therefore BrcmPatchRAM does not have the opportunity to upload firmware. Easy fix is to initiate another sleep/wake cycle. This issue is extremely rare, but you may notice it.

The above problem appears to be fixed by the workaround implemented in my fork of BrcmPatchRAM. The version is v1.7. It is available here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back