Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment I only have the U330p at hand so I can't look into the PCI-IDs.

The second GREAT advantage is WLAN/Bluetooth in Windows!

I might try buying another card and hope it has your values. hmm....

The second GREAT advantage is WLAN/Bluetooth in Windows!

USB WiFi works well on Windows (as compared to Mac), but yes this is another advantage... you don't have to carry the USB WiFi device with you for Windows.

I managed to get a u430p with a 1920x1080 display. The guide worked great! I did have to change my ig-platform-id to 0x0a260007 for installation. With this value the framebuffer was very laggy, but it got the job done, and after the DSDT is patched and the final config.plist is in place the graphics works normally with no change to ig-platform-id. The other issue I ran into was sound only worked when booting without caches. I believe this was caused by my BIOS version, xxxx62, and I was able to fix it by enabling the HPET patch in the makefile for the DSDT.

That's very exciting about the wifi card! RehabMan, can you link us to the Ebay listing that you bought from?

I managed to get a u430p with a 1920x1080 display.

Small text for a 14" display...

You might be interested in this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/133254-adding-using-hidpi-custom-resolutions.html

The guide worked great! I did have to change my ig-platform-id to 0x0a260007 for installation. With this value the framebuffer was very laggy, but it got the job done, and after the DSDT is patched and the final config.plist is in place the graphics works normally with no change to ig-platform-id. The other issue I ran into was sound only worked when booting without caches. I believe this was caused by my BIOS version, xxxx62, and I was able to fix it by enabling the HPET patch in the makefile for the DSDT.

Just guessing that the sound issue was unrelated to HPET... The guide covers the way to enable audio (reboot without caches, rebuild cache, reboot with caches 2x). The AppleHDA injector technique is very finicky.

That said, it is not uncommon to need the HPET fix although for most systems you only need "OS Check Fix" to fix any HPET issues. I found I didn't need it with "OS Check Fix", so I left it out of the makefile.

Interesting about the ig-platform-id. 0xa260007 is invalid, so using it is the same as config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false.

I wonder if you could have solved by enabling the "9mb cursor bytes" patch during installation.... it is disabled in the default config.plist used for installation.

That's very exciting about the wifi card! RehabMan, can you link us to the Ebay listing that you bought from?

Seller was ansonshops: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221676652293?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I am interested in that! Thank you. I didn't realize you could set it up for ratios other than 2. Very cool.

Just guessing that the sound issue was unrelated to HPET... The guide covers the way to enable audio (reboot without caches, rebuild cache, reboot with caches 2x). The AppleHDA injector technique is very finicky.
That was what I thought at first, but I followed your procedure to a T, several times. Then I googled around a bit and it turned out to be the HPET.

That said, it is not uncommon to need the HPET fix although for most systems you only need "OS Check Fix" to fix any HPET issues. I found I didn't need it with "OS Check Fix", so I left it out of the makefile.

Interesting about the ig-platform-id. 0xa260007 is invalid, so using it is the same as config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false.

I wonder if you could have solved by enabling the "9mb cursor bytes" patch during installation.... it is disabled in the default config.plist used for installation.
I should mention that it did boot up the installer, but with a very corrupted display. Probably, I could have just plugged in an external monitor, but I wanted to try out some ig-platform-id's. It was actually fun, because some of the resulting glitch was pretty cool looking!

Thanks. I bought one from China that had the same photo on it. Fingers crossed that it has the right subdevice IDs.

Awesome work rehabman. I had few things not working in my u330p, like native WiFi but with your rebranding guide is working now!.

I'm using Elan touchpad driver, doesn't work as smooth as yours but I can't live without multiple fingers gestures. Too bad lenovo didn't use synaptics.

Also using patched voodoo sound, with good headphone quality but impossible to make work HDMI audio :banghead:. If anyone make audio fully working would be nice, I give up.

Again, awesome job

Awesome work rehabman. I had few things not working in my u330p, like native WiFi but with your rebranding guide is working now!.

I'm using Elan touchpad driver, doesn't work as smooth as yours but I can't live without multiple fingers gestures. Too bad lenovo didn't use synaptics.

Also using patched voodoo sound, with good headphone quality but impossible to make work HDMI audio :banghead:. If anyone make audio fully working would be nice, I give up.

Again, awesome job

I'll eventually get around to fixing the headphone audio with AppleHDA... I believe it is solvable. But I'm waiting for a part (my left speaker is defective, which makes it hard to verify any audio work). Plus, I'm working on getting bluetooth to work correctly.

Post #1 and repository has been updated for use of a BCM94352HMB WiFi+BT combo card.

It took a while as there was an issue with the-darkvoid's BrcmPatchRAM.kext where post sleep there was a significant delay before the USB ports would work, and sometimes bluetooth would not come back after sleep. I noticed as I use a wireless USB mouse most of the time. The delay was annoying and the problem tricky enough that it took a while to fix.

If you have a BCM94352HMB, please test. Thanks!

FYI: No real testing has been done on the actual Bluetooth other than to check that the laptop can see my iPhone. I have no other BT devices, and there may be an issue with the actual firmware that BrcmPatchRAM.kext is uploading. But that is a separate issue...

If you have a BCM94352HMB, please test. Thanks!

Will do, when mine arrives!

And for anyone doing the Atheros rebranding, I just did that, and I thought I'd provide a little more info. The regdomain patch is normally done in Windows with the RCU.exe tool. If you happen to be patching an AR5B195 with IDs of 168c:002b / 1a3b:2c37 (original EEPROM has MD5 = 256c99df6a9e1a449478966bd2bdeea8), then your regdomain byte is stored at offsets 0x209 and 0x4209. This will allow you to complete both patches using only Linux. Since I live in the USA, I changed mine from 0x60 to 0x64 in those two places (actually, I used RCU in Windows, but I compared the EEPROM dumps after).

The rebranding worked wonderfully, and bluetooth started working afterwords with the addition of RehabMan's IOath3kfrmwr kext.

Will do, when mine arrives!

Should be interesting...

And for anyone doing the Atheros rebranding, I just did that, and I thought I'd provide a little more info. The regdomain patch is normally done in Windows with the RCU.exe tool. If you happen to be patching an AR5B195 with IDs of 168c:002b / 1a3b:2c37 (original EEPROM has MD5 = 256c99df6a9e1a449478966bd2bdeea8), then your regdomain byte is stored at offsets 0x209 and 0x4209. This will allow you to complete both patches using only Linux. Since I live in the USA, I changed mine from 0x60 to 0x64 in those two places (actually, I used RCU in Windows, but I compared the EEPROM dumps after).

The rebranding worked wonderfully, and bluetooth started working afterwords with the addition of RehabMan's IOath3kfrmwr kext.

I never use RCU.exe for regdomain setting. I used the Linux guide... it is easier and can be done from a Linux USB without damaging your Windows install. Windows is a PITA with all the driver signing issues, especially if you have 64-bit Windows.

FWIW, I changed the regdomain in only one location just as specified in the Linux guide.

and bluetooth started working afterwords with the addition of RehabMan's IOath3kfrmwr kext.

Not that you have to set your expectations pretty low for AR3011 BT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back