Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be interesting...

I never use RCU.exe for regdomain setting. I used the Linux guide... it is easier and can be done from a Linux USB without damaging your Windows install. Windows is a PITA with all the driver signing issues, especially if you have 64-bit Windows.

FWIW, I changed the regdomain in only one location just as specified in the Linux guide.

Maybe I missed something obvious, but the guide for Linux--if you mean the one about doing a recovery after IDs have changed--doesn't seem to say how to modify regdomain. I could only find Windows info for that.

Not that you have to set your expectations pretty low for AR3011 BT...

Tested by transferring files back and forth to my phone. But I'll try my BT mouse also. Is it an especially problematic host controller?

Maybe I missed something obvious, but the guide for Linux--if you mean the one about doing a recovery after IDs have changed--doesn't seem to say how to modify regdomain. I could only find Windows info for that.

No. The linux guide for regdomain is linked by post #1.

Tested by transferring files back and forth to my phone. But I'll try my BT mouse also. Is it an especially problematic host controller?

BT mouse is ok with AR3011 (from my understanding), but certain Apple products like the "Magic Mouse" and "Apple Trackpad" are problematic.

No matter... you'll have your Broadcom card soon, I assume...

No. The linux guide for regdomain is linked by post #1.

BT mouse is ok with AR3011 (from my understanding), but certain Apple products like the "Magic Mouse" and "Apple Trackpad" are problematic.

No matter... you'll have your Broadcom card soon, I assume...

Oh okay, I see it now. Yeah, I think I'll have the new one within a week.

I just realized that with my new u430p the headphones port works great! Plenty of volume, stereo, no distortion. How did I get so lucky?!?!

I just realized that with my new u430p the headphones port works great! Plenty of volume, stereo, no distortion. How did I get so lucky?!?!

Still using patched AppleHDA, or did you switch to VoodooHDA?
(the headphone works with VoodooHDA, but you lose HDMI-audio).

New BIOS?

Still using patched AppleHDA, or did you switch to VoodooHDA?
(the headphone works with VoodooHDA, but you lose HDMI-audio).

New BIOS?

Using AppleHDA exactly as set up by your installation scripts. I haven't touched it.

My BIOS version is 7CCN62WW.

I guess the other possible variation is the system board. The service manual lists for each type of processor (aside from the Japanese versions) 3 varieties of mainboard: W8P, W8S and "regular". I'm not sure what that means; do you know? The next time I have my machine opened up, I'll see if I can determine which board it is.

Using AppleHDA exactly as set up by your installation scripts. I haven't touched it.

My BIOS version is 7CCN62WW.

I guess the other possible variation is the system board. The service manual lists for each type of processor (aside from the Japanese versions) 3 varieties of mainboard: W8P, W8S and "regular". I'm not sure what that means; do you know? The next time I have my machine opened up, I'll see if I can determine which board it is.

I haven't updated to that BIOS yet... I'll have to give it a try.

A correction, now that I've been testing it a little more often... My headphones output does become distorted sometimes, along with low volume. But it seems to be the same as how, as you noted in the OP, audio can cut out completely on occasion: it'll never do it right after a cold boot. I've had it get distorted on me only following extended use and sleep/wakes.

A correction, now that I've been testing it a little more often... My headphones output does become distorted sometimes, along with low volume. But it seems to be the same as how, as you noted in the OP, audio can cut out completely on occasion: it'll never do it right after a cold boot. I've had it get distorted on me only following extended use and sleep/wakes.

Eventually, I'll get back to working on audio. But right now trying to finish up my changes to BrcmPatchRAM.

No way that I found to rebrand the newer broadcom cards.... Mine passes the whitelist.

What is your device's vendor/device/sub-vendor/sub-device IDs? IDs here are 14e4:43b1:106b:2154.

My BIOS: 7CCN61WW.

Hi RehabMan,
I have the possibility to buy a Broadcom BCM4352 BCM94352HMB. I asked the seller for the IDs and he responded this ones: vendor/device 14E4:43B1 and sub-vendor/sub-device 103C:2154. As you can see, the card is very close to yours, except the sub-vendor 103C compared to your 106b.

Do you think it could pass the whitelist? I worry whether to buy the card or not. It's not very cheap here in Germany (over 70$).
How does the whitelist work? Does it verify every single ID at boot (including sub vendors) or only vendor/device?

Thanks for your answer (hopefully ;))

Do you think it could pass the whitelist? I worry whether to buy the card or not. It's not very cheap here in Germany (over 70$).

No idea (not good at predicting the future). You'll find out when you install the card.

How does the whitelist work? Does it verify every single ID at boot (including sub vendors) or only vendor/device?

We really don't know. I've never analysed the disassembly of this section of the BIOS code in detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back