Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"
hi mr rehabman!!!!!
this is about ALC 283 kext and audio (but not regarding u430/530 may maybe off topic-sorry about that)
after OS X 10.11 ,built in subwoofer of my system seems to be working (which didn't work in 10.10.5)
is there any special changes new versions
anyway thanks :)
(just wanted to report you)

hi mr rehabman!!!!!
this is about ALC 283 kext and audio (but not regarding u430/530 may maybe off topic-sorry about that)
after OS X 10.11 ,built in subwoofer of my system seems to be working (which didn't work in 10.10.5)
is there any special changes new versions
anyway thanks :)
(just wanted to report you)

My u430 has no subwoofer. No special changes that I know of...

Hi!
So I'm trying to update to 10.11 and was wondering what you meant by updating config.plist from repo.

Did you mean the config.plist located in the master files of config.plist based on screen resolution in the thread on how to create a bootable drive?

Or do I have to go through the whole "Post Installation" portion before updating?

Thanks!

Hi!
So I'm trying to update to 10.11 and was wondering what you meant by updating config.plist from repo.

The "final" config.plist from the u430 repo.

Did you mean the config.plist located in the master files of config.plist based on screen resolution in the thread on how to create a bootable drive?

No. That config.plist is used only on the USB.

Or do I have to go through the whole "Post Installation" portion before updating?

Basically, yes.

my usual again lol

after osx update, stuck in loop. and can't get out of boot loop. so working on it again to find out....

my usual again lol

after osx update, stuck in loop. and can't get out of boot loop. so working on it again to find out....

You forgot to update Clover to v3292.

Just so I don't screw anything up, do I boot from USB to do the post install again to upgrade to 10.11, or should I do all the post install patching booting from SSD?

And specifically which lines do I execute for post install to update config.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back