Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so I don't screw anything up, do I boot from USB to do the post install again to upgrade to 10.11, or should I do all the post install patching booting from SSD?

And specifically which lines do I execute for post install to update config.plist?

Updating to 10.11 from 10.10 is covered in post #1. Did you read it?

Updating to 10.11 from 10.10 is covered in post #1. Did you read it?

I did, I am just unsure of how to update config.plist.
I have already updated clover, fixed EFI/Clover/Kext

Major updates

For example... 10.10 to 10.11.

First step should be to update to the latest repository.

To do so:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/u430.git
git stash
git pull
make
make install
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
Also update Clover to the latest using the Clover installer. Be sure to fix EFI/Clover/kexts, so that only EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is existing. All version specific directories under EFI/Clover/kexts should be removed.

Also update config.plist at EFI/Clover/config.plist to the latest content from the repo. Be sure to retain your own SMBIOS data at config.plist/SMBIOS.

Now you can update via the App Store. Just boot the installer/updater upon restart.

After updating, run ./install_downloads.sh again:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/u430.git
./install_downloads.sh

I did, I am just unsure of how to update config.plist.

It is covered in the guide. You start with the config.plist from the repo, but copy your SMBIOS to it. It is simple copy/paste in a plist editor.

It is covered in the guide. You start with the config.plist from the repo, but copy your SMBIOS to it. It is simple copy/paste in a plist editor.

Sorry, I am just a little confused where the config.plsit - or where the repo is.

I was under the assumption that the config.plist in the repository was obtained by running the codes you listed under 'major updates'

Sorry, I am just a little confused where the config.plsit - or where the repo is.

The "final" config.plist is at ~/Projects/u430.git/config.plist.

So I transfer the config.plist that is in that folder and put it into EFI/Clover to replace my older one?

- I have attached the View attachment 158341 that was in ~/Projects/u430.git/config.plist

You should transfer your SMBIOS into it before doing that...

Hi, so I was able to update to 10.11 smoothy and everything seems to work except for bluetooth, worked in 10.10 for me.

Attached requested files.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 126
  • Jaejin’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 107
  • RehabMan.zip
    24.3 KB · Views: 175
Hi, so I was able to update to 10.11 smoothy and everything seems to work except for bluetooth, worked in 10.10 for me.

Attached requested files.

I think you forgot to run ./install_downloads.sh after doing the update.

It is in the update guide, post #1.

I think you forgot to run ./install_downloads.sh after doing the update.

It is in the update guide, post #1.

I believe I have, but I'll try again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back