Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Touchscreen is not related to PS2 (it is connected via USB).
The ELAN drivers are not open source, therefore no possibility for it to work with my PS2 kext.
Thank you.

I'm thinking in another option. I've realised my old Acer Aspire 5315 has VoodooPS2Controller.kext installed on /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other and Kext Wizard says it's loading Keyboard and mouse (image attached); VooDooPS2Controller.kext has VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext under its /Plugins folder, but it's not being loaded. My Acer trackpad is working, although. As a primitive touchpad, with one finger, not secondary click with two fingers, but the two trackpad buttons work, too.
So, I suppose it's recognized as a mouse? Could we get the same with the Lenovo ELAN trackpad? Is there any trick to get that?
Captura de pantalla 2017-04-21 a las 16.34.00.png
Captura de pantalla 2017-04-21 a las 16.34.00.png Captura de pantalla 2017-04-21 a las 16.39.32.png

Thank you.

I'm thinking in another option. I've realised my old Acer Aspire 5315 has VoodooPS2Controller.kext installed on /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other and Kext Wizard says it's loading Keyboard and mouse (image attached); VooDooPS2Controller.kext has VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext under its /Plugins folder, but it's not being loaded. My Acer trackpad is working, although. As a primitive touchpad, with one finger, not secondary click with two fingers, but the two trackpad buttons work, too.
So, I suppose it's recognized as a mouse? Could we get the same with the Lenovo ELAN trackpad? Is there any trick to get that?
View attachment 249870
View attachment 249870 View attachment 249871

VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext will load for supported trackpads. ELAN is not one of them.
When VoodooPS2Trackpad fails, VoodooPS2Mouse.kext takes over.

Sorry, one last question. I read the Known problems about the Audio issues. My audio isn't working, but in Clover, I don't see an option that says Boot without cache. I see an option to Boot without injected ktexts.

Am I missing something?

Sorry, one last question. I read the Known problems about the Audio issues. My audio isn't working, but in Clover, I don't see an option that says Boot without cache. I see an option to Boot without injected ktexts.

Am I missing something?

You can boot without caches by using kernel flag "-f" (from Clover options).

Disregard. I rebooted again and the audio is working. No idea why. Thanks again Rehabman

Disregard. I rebooted again and the audio is working. No idea why. Thanks again Rehabman

It is because you finally managed to rebuild cache with AppleHDA loaded.

It is because you finally managed to rebuild cache with AppleHDA loaded.

I can't send you a message because I don't have enough posts, but do you accept donations for this project or others? Hopefully asking this isn't again a rule somewhere.

Figured. Thought it was worth it to ask. Thank you sincerely for your time!

VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext will load for supported trackpads. ELAN is not one of them.
When VoodooPS2Trackpad fails, VoodooPS2Mouse.kext takes over.
Ok, thank you for your explanations :)

An honour to have your help and support.

I'll better use a bluetooth mouse :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back