Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.
That sounds pretty strange to me because when is only one core active ?
And for what reason is it made that way ?
But anyway
Thx. for your time and pacience

But there is still the issue of Safari+HD4400+certain web video content (such as on theverge.com). There is no good solution to this problem. As a result, I'm sticking to 10.11.6 for until a solution is found.

Sorry if this was posted already, but with Lilu + Shiki + IntelGraphicsFixup kexts the problem is solved. Only need to enable Kext inject with the current Clover config, and copy the kexts to the corresponding folder. I had this problem too, but I want to use Sierra, so I tried this combination, and boom. Worked :)

Sorry if this was posted already, but with Lilu + Shiki + IntelGraphicsFixup kexts the problem is solved. Only need to enable Kext inject with the current Clover config, and copy the kexts to the corresponding folder. I had this problem too, but I want to use Sierra, so I tried this combination, and boom. Worked :)

For Sierra only (this guide is in the El Capitan forum...)...

Shiki.kext is unrelated (fixes a different problem).
But yes, Lilu+IntelGraphicsFixup are documented as one of the solutions here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

For Sierra only (this guide is in the El Capitan forum...)...
Uh, okay. But I followed this guide for install Sierra (I used El Capitan before) and did not found a dedicated u430p Sierra topic. Maybe it is a good idea to add this to the project for Sierra.

Uh, okay. But I followed this guide for install Sierra (I used El Capitan before) and did not found a dedicated u430p Sierra topic. Maybe it is a good idea to add this to the project for Sierra.

There are reasons for no Sierra topic... For this laptop, I recommend El Capitan.

Note: The github project has been updated to install Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext for 10.12.

That is probably the last of major fixes for 10.12. Will be moving the guide to the 10.12 guides forum soon.

Thank you so much for the Lenovo U330 guide. I followed step by step, now working even better than before with Sierra 10.12.5 !

Everything is so smooth !

PS : using TP link TL WN823N and no instability up to now

Is it possible to perform an simple update from El Capitan to Sierra via App Store? Or do I have to do some modifications (e.g. update Clover) before this?

Is it possible to perform an simple update from El Capitan to Sierra via App Store? Or do I have to do some modifications (e.g. update Clover) before this?

Major updates are covered in post #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back