Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad 700 10.12.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same laptop and i already intalled the os on my hdd but gives me an error while loading to enter the os :
and as i understand the error can be fixed by adding the code to my config that is provided by Rehabman to change the buffer to 64 mb or higher but i dont understand how i can even enable it ...
I changed the Disabled to Enabled in the config but it doesnt seem to work ...
And also i used ur own clover and config

PS it booted and i entered the os itself like 15 times and everything was fine but suddenly it started to give me this error
And im quite knew to this so if you can help me and be more specific as to how to fix this .
@RehabMan

Likely DVMT-prealloc problem.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

i tried it and it gave me the same error here is my clover and the config @RehabMan

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 135
  • config.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 187
i tried it and it gave me the same error here is my clover and the config @RehabMan
Try boot with "-liluforce".
And your ACPI is in a mess.
BTW, do not set KernelPatches, it should be left blank.

@soto2080 i used your clover and -lileforce but still no luck

@soto2080 i used your clover and -lileforce but still no luck
There are many different between Clover you provided and my one.
What version your installer is?
10.12.4 is a minimum version for support HD530.

Last edited:

You did not follow the guide.
Start over and follow as written.
Make sure you read the DVMT-prealloc part carefully (hint: must use invalid ig-platform-id during install).

You did not follow the guide.
Start over and follow as written.
Make sure you read the DVMT-prealloc part carefully (hint: must use invalid ig-platform-id during install).
yes i noticed that i didn't and i changed the ig-platform-id and it did work thank you so much ,thats why it took me so long to reply,
but what happened was that i did change it exactly as the guide but gave me an error .. so i changed it again to the config that supports intel hd530 provided by you and it booted but was faulty so i went back to the config provided by the one that wrote this article and then i added the patch to the config but this time i didnt change the ig-platform-id because its not in the config that he provided and then i asked you , and tried to add its code (ig-platform-id in graphics) and did everything as in the guide again but this time it didn't give me the error and it seems that i accidentally put windows in sleep mode and as you know in lenovo laptops you can access the boot menu from the recovery key which overwrites any other command in the bios so thats why it gave me an error in the first time that i changed the config file exactly like the guide ,just wanted to share the knowledge
win:ssd nvme
mac:hdd

Last edited:
There are many different between Clover you provided and my one.
What version your installer is?
10.12.4 is a minimum version for support HD530.
i have 10.12.3 and it did work thanks to @RehabMan .. and to you because i originally used ur clover and everything was fine but then i used all the files that Rehabman uploaded thats why the clover that you saw was overbuilt ,but then again i used ur clover again and understood how to use the patch provided by Rehabman added it to the config with the ig-platform-id changed and everything worked out well .
thank you for this great guide and fast reply

Hi @soto2080, now after some time everything works fine (thanks to your clover config), except some little issues that I want to check with you:

1. ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext is unstable and detects wrong gestures, for example sometimes while scrolling a document it maximises current window. also for right click, I have to tap with three fingers instead of two and two finger tapping performs a middle mouse click. also about more complex gestures like 3-finger slide down/right/left/... it does something weird like open app switcher (instead of going to application windows/mission control), goes back/forward instead of going to right and left desktops and ...
now the question is how to fix these behaviours? Is there any other driver that works better with our ELAN touchpad?

2. I reeeaaally love RehabMan's VoodooPS2 driver for keyboard because: the FN key works correctly, the sound and brightness buttons works normally (instead of increasing/decreasing volume by 1/4) and much more... so Is there a way to use keyboard driver from RehabMan's VoodooPS2 and JUST use the trackpad driver from ApplePS2SmartTouchPad? in other words: Is there a way to disable keyboard driver from ApplePS2SmartTouchPad so we can use them together (VoodooPS2 and ApplePS2SmartTouchPad)?

3. every time on startup, the iCloud problem message appears, I tried removing all items from "System preferences > Network" and adding them again and it temporarily fixed the problem but now the problem is back and this solution won't work anymore. Do you have the same problem? (the next time that error appears I'll update this post with a screenshot)

4. Did you succeeded to get 3.5mm audio jack working correctly (clear sound output) and also HDMI output (with duplicated screen)?

I apologise for my long post and questions and thank you in advance.

Hi @soto2080, now after some time everything works fine (thanks to your clover config), except some little issues that I want to check with you:

1. ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext is unstable and detects wrong gestures, for example sometimes while scrolling a document it maximises current window. also for right click, I have to tap with three fingers instead of two and two finger tapping performs a middle mouse click. also about more complex gestures like 3-finger slide down/right/left/... it does something weird like open app switcher (instead of going to application windows/mission control), goes back/forward instead of going to right and left desktops and ...
now the question is how to fix these behaviours? Is there any other driver that works better with our ELAN touchpad?

2. I reeeaaally love RehabMan's VoodooPS2 driver for keyboard because: the FN key works correctly, the sound and brightness buttons works normally (instead of increasing/decreasing volume by 1/4) and much more... so Is there a way to use keyboard driver from RehabMan's VoodooPS2 and JUST use the trackpad driver from ApplePS2SmartTouchPad? in other words: Is there a way to disable keyboard driver from ApplePS2SmartTouchPad so we can use them together (VoodooPS2 and ApplePS2SmartTouchPad)?

3. every time on startup, the iCloud problem message appears, I tried removing all items from "System preferences > Network" and adding them again and it temporarily fixed the problem but now the problem is back and this solution won't work anymore. Do you have the same problem? (the next time that error appears I'll update this post with a screenshot)

4. Did you succeeded to get 3.5mm audio jack working correctly (clear sound output) and also HDMI output (with duplicated screen)?

I apologise for my long post and questions and thank you in advance.
1.I have the exact problem, the sin of ELAN trackpad.
2.I also like VoodooPS2 from @RehabMan too, I will look into it later.
3.I guess you need to follow the guide to fix you MLB/ROM/UUID
4. 3.5 is working. See Audio part of my guide
HDMI with duplicated screen also works now.See HDMI part of guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back