Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 272972

It does not work .

Some portion of my laptop screen is damaged and the black spot on it gradually spread over the screen
See in the pic .
But i don't think that ,it cause the problem ,because it works fine before i install sierra on it
i.e in windows .

Check for hardware issue by testing on Windows.
Otherwise, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hello! Thank you for this guide!
I have a problem, i've install Clover to hard disk but I can't find any way to boot to it in BIOS. I'm still using install USB to boot. Please help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 9.01.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 9.01.10 AM.png
    523.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0626.JPG
    IMG_0626.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Hello! Thank you for this guide!
I have a problem, i've install Clover to hard disk but I can't find any way to boot to it in BIOS. I'm still using install USB to boot. Please help!
view
view

It means you probably didn't install Clover correctly.

It means you probably didn't install Clover correctly.
What should I do now? Reinstall Clover? I don't know why but I installed Clover to a Dell before and I had have to manual add CLOVERX64.efi as a new boot loader in BIOS, but this insydeh2o don'n have any options to add boot loader! Thank you for help!! Sorry for my grammar :thumbup:

What should I do now? Reinstall Clover? I don't know why but I installed Clover to a Dell before and I had have to manual add CLOVERX64.efi as a new boot loader in BIOS, but this insydeh2o don'n have any options to add boot loader! Thank you for help!! Sorry for my grammar :thumbup:

First, you'll need to be more specific about what the problem is.
What happens when you attempt to boot from the HDD?
And why didn't you attach "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1?

First, you'll need to be more specific about what the problem is.
What happens when you attempt to boot from the HDD?
And why didn't you attach "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1?
Solved!! I used Bootice to add Clover boot entry. Now may laptop can boot from Hard Disk normaly! Many thanks for help!

Hello. I am preparing my Lenovo to move from El Capitan to Sierra, I updated the system following Updates to the patch repositories in this guide. I noticed that I lost backlight control. Also among the patches files in ACPI, SSDT.aml is missing. Are these things OK? Should I update? or need to fix things before proceeding? Thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4697.zip
    435.2 KB · Views: 81
  • RehabMan.zip
    34.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Terminal Saved Output 2.zip
    988 bytes · Views: 85
  • Terminal Saved Output.zip
    997 bytes · Views: 91
Status