Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are all the files. As I said before I am preparing my Lenovo to move from El Capitan to Sierra, I updated the system following Updates to the patch repositories in this guide. I noticed that I lost backlight control. Also among the patches files in ACPI, SSDT.aml is missing. Are these things OK? Should I update?

You forgot ioreg.
Please read "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

Sorry. Here it is

Your AppleBacklightInjector.kext does not match the _UID you're using on PNLF.
PNLF._UID is 16.
Your injector expects 10.

Your AppleBacklightInjector.kext does not match the _UID you're using on PNLF.
PNLF._UID is 16.
Your injector expects 10.

Thanks
Is this fixable? how? I just followed this guide. How do I fix it? Sorry, I can follow instructions but despite of being around for long time, I am still a rookie

Thanks
Is this fixable? how? I just followed this guide. How do I fix it? Sorry, I can follow instructions but despite of being around for long time, I am still a rookie

Looks like a bug in the repo. patch_backlight.shh uses 10, but SSDT-PNLF.dsl is using 16 (0x10).

Looks like a bug in the repo. patch_backlight.shh uses 10, but SSDT-PNLF.dsl is using 16 (0x10).

So I found, this "Name (_UID, 0x10) // _UID: Unique ID" in the SSDT-PNLF.aml. I this what needs to be changed. To what? Before I did the update it was 0x0A. Thanks for your patience.

ADDENDUM
So, I changed the 0x10 to 0x0A and it the backlight control is working now!

Last edited:
One more thing, the SSDT.aml is not among the patched files anymore, is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back