Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-70 and Z50-70 Bios whitelist removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can extract the valid ig-platform-id values from the kext binary itself. If you search, you will probably find where I posted a list. Not near my main computer right now, so I don't have the file...

No, I'm not at the point of installing any kexts. I'm at the part of the guide in Windows of flashing the BIOS without a whitelist. I've created it, but the tool recommended will not allow me to flash it. I'm at this step:

Flash Modified Bios

Rename LENOVO-9ACN26WW_SLIC.rom to bios.bin and copy it in the same folder where fptw64.exe is.
Use the sleep bug to disable bios write protection (optional but sometimes required): close the lid, wait for the laptop sleep, reopen the lid.
Open a CLI window as administrator, navigate to the folder where ftpw64.exe and bios.bin are and type:
Code (Text):
fptw64.exe -f bios.bin -bios

Press Enter and wait until it ends.
Cross your fingers and reboot.
If you did everything properly your Lenovo G50-70 is now whitelist free.
Remember to enable wifi in the bios setup ;)

Guys, for those, who experiencing 201 error at fptw64, try using version 10 at the https://github.com/LongSoft/FTK/releases/tag/0.12.0

Worked for me. And one thing more, people at the forum where i found that link worried about not to use .bat files from that archive for notebooks as they are designed for desktops. Cheers!:headbang:

Thank you so much for the help. So would the bios.bin file we generate using this tutorial be only the BIOS region? Or is it the whole BIOS? (I'm reading this: https://hardforum.com/threads/tools...-on-asus-p8xxx-boards-fd44editor-ftk.1726429/)

Hi Everyone,

Just want to report that this method is applicable for Lenovo G40-70 because it is have the same bios as the G50-70.

I just following Gaido and Patrick method, and work prefectly in the first try (I try the sleep bug method).

Great tuts! Now I can just order the wifi card on ebay and put it on my G40-70.

Thanks a lot for sharing this tutorial, really appreciate it guys!

I get an error 429 when I try to download fptw64.exe. I think the link is down

edit:I wasn't aware how old my issue is, found the link in previous posts

Last edited:
Can this be done without backing up the bios ?
Modify bios downloaded from lenovo ?
I know there is info about serial and windows activation
But Windows 10 dosn´t use bios activation
And serial i don´t care about

I was able to downgrade to 26, mod, then upgrade to 32, mod, downgrade to 26 and upgrade again to a modded 32 version, I noticed something odd, the bios would show 9acn32ww but the EC would show 9bcn26ww, I remember that before the modding everything would match on BIOS and EC version. I don't see any odd behavior so far.

It looks odd but expected. Without EC 26 you can't flash a modded bios, this is why you have to upgrade, mod, downgrade, upgrade to modded.

Can this be done without backing up the bios ?
Modify bios downloaded from lenovo ?
I know there is info about serial and windows activation
But Windows 10 dosn´t use bios activation
And serial i don´t care about

Maybe it is, I tried with no luck: size differs and I wasn't able to extract the relevant part (the one you flash) from the downloaded bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back