Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-70 and Z50-70 Bios whitelist removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried with no success. Let me know if you have better luck
OK with much perseverance and a bit o' luck I was able to successfully defeat the whitelist in the bios of my Lenovo z50-70. Now back to rebuilding it for El Capitan. Thanks to all for your help.

Last edited:
Tried that link, but, the download file is infected with a trojan.
No it´s not infected with a trojan.
Some antivirus program se it as a trojan but it´s a false posetive.
So don´t worry
It´s safe

Hey guys!

I am about to start to mod my Bios to clear the whitelist, since the wireless chip that came with my z50-70 is hideous performance (50Mbs on a 120mb network and no 5Gz support) its the Broadcom one.

My question is, I want to upgrade to the best option available for this motherboard. Is the one posted in here before (BCM94352Z M.2) the best option?

Take in mind that I don't plan to use it for Hackintosh for the moment, but I need a good, fast, reliable chip with 5Ghz capabilities.

Any sugestions?

Best regards

Hey guys!

I am about to start to mod my Bios to clear the whitelist, since the wireless chip that came with my z50-70 is hideous performance (50Mbs on a 120mb network and no 5Gz support) its the Broadcom one.

My question is, I want to upgrade to the best option available for this motherboard. Is the one posted in here before (BCM94352Z M.2) the best option?

Take in mind that I don't plan to use it for Hackintosh for the moment, but I need a good, fast, reliable chip with 5Ghz capabilities.

Any sugestions?

Best regards

BCM943602BAED is also another alternative. Natively recognized and 5ghz too. Needs FakePCIID kexts for Airport Extreme branding.

BCM943602BAED vs BCM94352Z, which one do you think is best??

Already said in #171. BCM943602BAED is more native. Requires more work to install though as it has three antennas, which and the connectors may be different from your existing antenna leads.

Please RehabMan, will BCM94313HMG2LP1 A209, work with my ProBook G1? Forgive me if it's off-topic.

If it won't, which one will you recommend, please?

Hello friends,

I've noticed that the Pre-req for the method is a Lenovo Z50-70 with 9BCN26WW.

However, I own a Lenovo Z40-70, but my laptop can back flash to the same firmware as above.

Would it be safe to continue? I don't want to risk any bricks or any sticky situation of the sort.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back