Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-70 and Z50-70 Bios whitelist removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I have installed High Sierra on my t420.
Everything works, absolutely everything, except wifi.
I have flashed the bios, so when it starts up it beeps five times, then five times more, which indicates it has been updated.
The card seems to be recognised in System preferences, and the Wifi symbol appears on the top right of the screen.
The only thing is, when I try to turn WiFi on, it just blanks, nothing happens.
Does this mean the Whitelist hasn't been removed, or that the card is faulty?
I booted up in ubuntu, and wifi didnt work there either.

Should I get a new card, or try a different BIOS mod?
(I am using 1.46)

Have you installed kext by your wifi card?

Hi guys,
I have flashed the bios, so when it starts up it beeps five times, then five times more, which indicates it has been updated.
The card seems to be recognised in System preferences, and the Wifi symbol appears on the top right of the screen.

(I am using 1.46)

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi RehabMan ! Thanks for your guide! Everything is alright, but i dont have a Bluetooth on my bcm94352z . Wifi - is ok.
I dont see te icon of blietooth on preferences/ network just only ethernet and wifi.
Can you help me with?

Hi RehabMan ! Thanks for your guide! Everything is alright, but i dont have a Bluetooth on my bcm94352z . Wifi - is ok.
I dont see te icon of blietooth on preferences/ network just only ethernet and wifi.
Can you help me with?

hi guys,

i dont know if it's just me, but ever since i did the whitelist removal, lenovo's energy manager conservation mode doesn't stick. i have 2 hdds, one for windows and one for mac. before whitelist removal, i would set conservation mode on lenovo's energy management software so as to prevent the battery from charging over 60%, even when i turned off the laptop, and turn it back on, the settings would stick. even when i was on mac os, battery would stop charging. BUT after the whitelist removal, settings wouldn't stick, it would stick when i do a restart but if i turn the laptop off and back on, conservation mode is off again. has anyone noticed this?

thanks

I'm experiencing the same issue.

Hi guys,

(I am using 1.46)

The wifi card is the Dell DW1510

EFI is zipped and attached, (Minus Themes folder)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 107
Hi guys,

(I am using 1.46)

The wifi card is the Dell DW1510

EFI is zipped and attached, (Minus Themes folder)

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.

second error -_-

Attachments

• Przechwytywanie.PNG
    Przechwytywanie.PNG
    21.3 KB · Views: 195
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back