Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Jerivalu’s Build: Fresh 10.11.5, Z170X-UD5 TH, 6700k, Intel HD 530, Thunderbolt, Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone using this motherboard (and pretty much a similar build) having issues with xCode simulator?

Loading/quitting the simulator a bunch of times ends up rebooting the computer for me.

Reading here for a long Time - but this Guide got me so i finaly put my MacMini to the goods and get going - all stuff ordered cant wait to get my hands on it. THANKS for the Guide your effort and time!

I'm not sure what you are referring to with the "finder right click freeze after extended sleep" issue. My OS X would not wake up properly after sleeping (the screens stayed black but they keyboard, mouse, and computer case turned on), so I've disabled sleep for now.

If it means anything, I have this problem too. Overnight, I thought to turn off the screen, but next morning, inevitably the system will be unresponsive--either the screen refuses to turn on, or the system just hangs, with the screen saver displaying last night's time.

Now I'm just shutting down the machine when I don't need it.

Great topic.
I tried this mb with:
  • Core i7 6700
  • GTX 750Ti
  • 16GB*2 memories
  • SSD * 2 (El Capitan / Win10)
  • Display 2560x1440 (DELL U2713H) 3840x2160 (DEL P2415Q)
Under my environment, iMac 17,1 is not suitable for system definition (sleep and display output is broken for 750Ti with nvidia web driver). So I use custom setting as following:
  • Customize > System Definition > iMac > iMac 14,2
  • Fix shutdown / Enable ErP (Clover Configurator)
  • (darkwake is not specified currently)
Display sleep (Lock screen) works perfectly. CPU sleep also works but USB is stuck after waking sometimes.

I also disabled hibernation (deep sleep) with following:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 standby 0 autopoweroff 0

Yes, you should
The board only has one HDMI out, and Thunderbolt 3 doesn't work, so you'd have to use an adaptor.

If we're still talking about the GA-Z170X-UD5 TH, then the only way to get DisplayPort from the 530 is from the Thunderbolt 3 port with a Thunderbolt 3 or USB Type C to DisplayPort adapter. I have tried this in Mac OS X with a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 and it worked but I'm having trouble reproducing my success (the screens go blank now...). I also haven't gotten more than one display to work yet.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/skylake-thunderbolt-3-for-music-production.186733/

Maybe I'll try again using the suggestions at
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/b...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

If anyone has gotten Intel 530 graphics working with multiple monitors, with another monitor connected to an Nvidia graphics card, with sleep/wake, with hot plug, then I would like to know about it.

Yes! CodecCommander v2.4.0 works for me too!
I did not need darkwake=8 though...
Is there a guide for the sound after sleep, somewhere? I've just finished migrating to a z170x-ud5 th. No sound after sleep's my only issue. I wouldn't like to mess up the all thing, out of ignorance.

If we're still talking about the GA-Z170X-UD5 TH, then the only way to get DisplayPort from the 530 is from the Thunderbolt 3 port with a Thunderbolt 3 or USB Type C to DisplayPort adapter. I have tried this in Mac OS X with a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 and it worked but I'm having trouble reproducing my success (the screens go blank now...). I also haven't gotten more than one display to work yet.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/skylake-thunderbolt-3-for-music-production.186733/

Maybe I'll try again using the suggestions at
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/b...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

If anyone has gotten Intel 530 graphics working with multiple monitors, with another monitor connected to an Nvidia graphics card, with sleep/wake, with hot plug, then I would like to know about it.

Hi Joevt, Im a little new, so i don't understand...
My plan was to use the Z170X UD5 TH Mb, and one reason was that I could use the HDMI with onboard graphics with a 4k monitor. I am building a music production machine - so onboard graphics are fine...

But I don't quite understand - can I do this with the motherboard? I mean hackingtosh style?
What output can I have on this motherboard?

Thanks!

Is there a guide for the sound after sleep, somewhere? I've just finished migrating to a z170x-ud5 th. No sound after sleep's my only issue. I wouldn't like to mess up the all thing, out of ignorance.
Use RehabMan's CodecCommender.kext in the /Library/Extension folder using KextBeast. See my Gene build description for how to get and install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back