Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: I seem to have fixed the problem with the black screen flashes on my 4K LG monitor (27UD68-W) by grabbing the EDID in Windows and switching to 14,2 (from 17,1) in the config.plist. Also playback of videos is much better with MPlayerX than VLC for some reason. With VLC there are these flashes of interference across the bottom of the screen every so often.
Anyway, thanks to everyone on the Internet for your help and especially Rehabman for making this possible.

FYI: The guide recommends iMac14,2.

I install.the.lastest.osx according to this
guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

problems

1.bluetooth.works only once then doesn't work
2.audio drivers don't work

I Followed your guide from ‘git’ part
then restart and screen is.dark with no responds

will.u please tell me how can I Make my audioand bluetooth right?

my device is NUC6i5SYH with 16g. and 128samsung 850pro
thank you

Attachments

• 屏幕快照 2016-12-18 下午11.32.29.png
    屏幕快照 2016-12-18 下午11.32.29.png
    332.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 屏幕快照 2016-12-18 下午11.32.47.png
    屏幕快照 2016-12-18 下午11.32.47.png
    351.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 屏幕快照 2016-12-18 下午11.33.03.png
    屏幕快照 2016-12-18 下午11.33.03.png
    585.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 屏幕快照 2016-12-18 下午11.34.10.png
    屏幕快照 2016-12-18 下午11.34.10.png
    569.4 KB · Views: 242
  • 屏幕快照 2016-12-18 下午11.34.22.png
    屏幕快照 2016-12-18 下午11.34.22.png
    521.3 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

My guide does not use Unibeast.

problems
1.bluetooth.works only once then doesn't work
2.audio drivers don't work

#1: As per post #1, Intel WiFi/BT is not well supported. Bluetooth will only work after restarting from Windows (no macOS/OS X firmware loader kext).

#2. Read post #1. Must have correct config.plist and correct ACPI/patched content.

I Followed your guide from ‘git’ part
then restart and screen is.dark with no responds

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Selecting 2560 x 1440 (low resolution) instead of normal 2560 x 1440, does seem to prevent the problem. Is this reducing refresh frequency?
2560x1440 vs. 2560x1440??? Seems like the same thing to me?!
When I check "Show low resolution modes", there is a a second option, "2560 x 1440 (low resolution)" as well as the simple "2560 x 1440". When the low resolution option is checked I haven't seen the problem. As the actual resolution is the same as you mentioned, I assume that the refresh rate is lower, but that is just a guess, or perhaps one is a retina type mode and the other isn't. The low resolution mode doesn't look so sharp with text.

When I check "Show low resolution modes", there is a a second option, "2560 x 1440 (low resolution)" as well as the simple "2560 x 1440". When the low resolution option is checked I haven't seen the problem. As the actual resolution is the same as you mentioned, I assume that the refresh rate is lower, but that is just a guess, or perhaps one is a retina type mode and the other isn't. The low resolution mode doesn't look so sharp with text.

I don't think you have provided enough details. What monitor do you have connected?

My monitor is a an Asus 4K, MX27UQ. Considering investigating the EDID override file?

I use DP. Sometimes I have a flash to black as I sit down at my desk. I think it is a cabling problem...
I have the same problem.but i use USB-C with LG UltraFine 4K monitor.

no ****ing joke i struggled for 20 hours, on a 10.11.6 sec 2 to 10.12.2 upgrade...... and i wouldnt post my idiocy on this forum because i knew that the answer was here somewhere. i gave up for 24 hours and came back afresh...

Known issue #1: Having HDMI audio enabled on the Skull Canyon NUC causes panic/reboot in when the update/installer is booted. There are several ways to work around this issue, I will suggest three options below:

1) Boot with FakeID 0x1 (Clover Options, Graphics Injector, FakeID, set to 0x1). Once you boot into the system and rebuild cache, you can boot normally.

2) Use a properly prepared USB to boot the installer. The USB does not have patched ACPI, therefore no "hda-gfx" injection, therefore no HDMI audio support, therefore no panic/reboot.

3) Prior to attempting to boot the update/installer, you can disable "hda-gfx" injection by editing the SSDTs that are in ACPI/patched. In my case, I edited the *.dsl files (commented out the relevant "hda-gfx" line from SSDT-IGPU.dsl) and used 'make install_sc' to install the updated files. After updating, I restored the "hda-gfx" injection and installed again with 'make install_sc'.

Fresh eyes showed me this problem solved of course to complicate things i am running a NVMe 950 samsung so all the traditional methods of fixing a broken mac were non starters. Thanks Rehebman for the documentation

I spent 10 hours stuck on kernal panic on boot. so i was sure i was doing something wrong. so did the entire thing over again 3 times. all the way back to new clean thumb drive 3 times rebuilding it installing it 90min or so tied up to the point of a kernal panic when all she needed was a 0x1 hdmi/audio KP. hurray.

It might be worthwhile noting that verbose mode was throwing at me error wise gave me not many leads "KDP_poll no debugger device" I knew it was video related. but it was as much audio related as video

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=...efox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&ei=fX9aWISiKPDy8wf446XQCA

results are primarily all pre 2010..... so it didnt help much. hopefully this written here will help someone

Last edited:
no ******* joke i struggled for 20 hours, on a 10.11.6 sec 2 to 10.12.2 upgrade...... and i wouldnt post my idiocy on this forum because i knew that the answer was here somewhere. i gave up for 24 hours and came back afresh...

Known issue #1: Having HDMI audio enabled on the Skull Canyon NUC causes panic/reboot in when the update/installer is booted. There are several ways to work around this issue, I will suggest three options below:

1) Boot with FakeID 0x1 (Clover Options, Graphics Injector, FakeID, set to 0x1). Once you boot into the system and rebuild cache, you can boot normally.

2) Use a properly prepared USB to boot the installer. The USB does not have patched ACPI, therefore no "hda-gfx" injection, therefore no HDMI audio support, therefore no panic/reboot.

3) Prior to attempting to boot the update/installer, you can disable "hda-gfx" injection by editing the SSDTs that are in ACPI/patched. In my case, I edited the *.dsl files (commented out the relevant "hda-gfx" line from SSDT-IGPU.dsl) and used 'make install_sc' to install the updated files. After updating, I restored the "hda-gfx" injection and installed again with 'make install_sc'.

Fresh eyes showed me this problem solved of course to complicate things i am running a NVMe 950 samsung so all the traditional methods of fixing a broken mac were non starters. Thanks Rehebman for the documentation

I spent 10 hours stuck on kernal panic on boot. so i was sure i was doing something wrong. so did the entire thing over again 3 times. all the way back to new clean thumb drive 3 times rebuilding it installing it 90min or so tied up to the point of a kernal panic when all she needed was a 0x1 hdmi/audio KP. hurray.

It might be worthwhile noting that verbose mode was throwing at me error wise gave me not many leads "KDP_poll no debugger device" I knew it was video related. but it was as much audio related as video

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=...efox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&ei=fX9aWISiKPDy8wf446XQCA

results are primarily all pre 2010..... so it didnt help much. hopefully this written here will help someone

It helps to read the guide prior to doing updates...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back