Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI...

Updated to 10.12.2 on my Skull Canyon NUC6 using the App Store. No issues to report so far.

Did the same... no issues at my end either.

Could it be possible to use the SMBIOS from the new macbook pro (without touchbar) which also uses the Intel HD 540, for better skylake support ?

Thanks again for all your great work. Audio over DP working. Also 10.12.2 upgrade uneventful.

Noticed volume control grayed out when DP display selected for sound output, unable to adjust volume from max level. Reverting to headphones and there is normal adjustment from menu bar available.

1)I have some difficulties with the nvme_patch script.
To install Sierra, I use the IONMVeFamily.kext in Clover/Kext/other, with the patches in the config.plist (on installer USB).
During postinstall, I also can get it to work with the kext in Clover/Kext/Other + patches in config.plist.
But I'm having trouble using the Hackr kext.
Do I need the Hackr + IoNVMeFamily kext both in Other and S/L/E, or just in S/L/E ?

2) Another issue:
I can't seem to find a valid + unused SMBIOS serial. I tried over 100 combinations with clover magical wand tool...
Any tips?

3) Is iMac 14,2 always advised, or only if you want to use dual monitors ?
Because I can imagine that using a skylake model (iMac 17,2) is better (less issues) on a skylake chipset...

1)I have some difficulties with the nvme_patch script.
To install Sierra, I use the IONMVeFamily.kext in Clover/Kext/other, with the patches in the config.plist (on installer USB).
During postinstall, I also can get it to work with the kext in Clover/Kext/Other + patches in config.plist.
But I'm having trouble using the Hackr kext.
Do I need the Hackr + IoNVMeFamily kext both in Other and S/L/E, or just in S/L/E ?

To use HackrNVMeFamily (without class-code spoof), you must:
- generate it correctly
- install it to /L/E (or /S/L/E)
- remove /S/L/E/IONVMeFamily.kext

There is additional flexibility if you use the class-code spoof (recommended).

2) Another issue:
I can't seem to find a valid + unused SMBIOS serial. I tried over 100 combinations with clover magical wand tool...
Any tips?

I never use a valid SMBIOS serial#. I always generate one (lots of tools to do that) and then change the first two characters to G0 (which indicates US manufacture, which cannot possibly match a real Mac, as they are made overseas).

3) Is iMac 14,2 always advised, or only if you want to use dual monitors ?
Because I can imagine that using a skylake model (iMac 17,2) is better (less issues) on a skylake chipset...

No such thing as iMac17,2.
Using iMac17,1 actually has more issues.
You can use what you like and see what you run into.

Ok, thanks for the help !

While running the ssdtPRgen.sh script I get the following error:
Error: board-id [Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61] not supported by Skylake – check SMBIOS data / use the -target option
Do you want to continue (y/n)?

Is this a problem ? Just answer yes ?

Good evening, Rehabman.
I am having some problems after fresh install of 10.12.2 on my NUC Skull Canyon.

1. Cannot use the DP - it causes an endless reboot loop when I plug it in to LG Ultra HD 4K 27" monitor. It works with HDMI cable but I still notice it says "Failed to initialize graphics firmware" in amongst all the text when I boot up in verbose mode. Interestingly it worked for a brief period along the way when I was doing some post-installation stuff, but i can't figure out what I did that broke it.

2. NVME spoof mode doesn't work for some reason. The other way where one deletes the apple ionvmefamily kext works though so this one is not a big deal.

3. Sound is not working at all. (It previously was under 10.12.1)

Any help or ideas appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    445.1 KB · Views: 155
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 161
  • patchmatic.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 143
  • terminalcommands.txt
    3 KB · Views: 161
Ok, thanks for the help !

While running the ssdtPRgen.sh script I get the following error:
Error: board-id [Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61] not supported by Skylake – check SMBIOS data / use the -target option
Do you want to continue (y/n)?

Is this a problem ? Just answer yes ?

Just ignore it and continue.

Good evening, Rehabman.
I am having some problems after fresh install of 10.12.2 on my NUC Skull Canyon.

1. Cannot use the DP - it causes an endless reboot loop when I plug it in to LG Ultra HD 4K 27" monitor. It works with HDMI cable but I still notice it says "Failed to initialize graphics firmware" in amongst all the text when I boot up in verbose mode. Interestingly it worked for a brief period along the way when I was doing some post-installation stuff, but i can't figure out what I did that broke it.

2. NVME spoof mode doesn't work for some reason. The other way where one deletes the apple ionvmefamily kext works though so this one is not a big deal.

3. Sound is not working at all. (It previously was under 10.12.1)

Any help or ideas appreciated. Thank you!

Your config.plist is wrong. Be sure to follow the guide carefully. Be aware: Different config.plist for post-install vs. install. Since you're using config_install_nuc6_sc.plist instead of config_nuc6_sc.plist, you have a situation where it is impossible for AppleHDA to load properly, yet your ACPI/patched content is injecting "hda-gfx", which typically leads to panic/reboot. Use the correct config.plist (as per guide), and boot without caches (as per guide).

Note: You're also missing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in drivers64UEFI.

I see no attempt to use NVMe spoof in this set of files. Your NVMe SSD is installed in the same slot as mine, so you can use the same SSDT that I published on insanelymac. You should use it to inject "#class-code" at first. Verify that it is working (check ioreg for #class-code inject), then regenerate HackrNVMeFamily_10_12_2.kext with patch_nvme.sh (with --spoof option), and change the SSDT to "class-code", and reboot. By testing with "#class-code" you don't affect your working system until you're certain the injection and thus HackrNVMeFamily with --spoof will work.

Audio is not working for the same reason already mentioned: Your config.plist is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back