Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have attached the usual files with the AppleHDA kext that is in in SLE. Sound is not working.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 124
  • EFI.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
  • terminal_commands.txt
    2 KB · Views: 137
  • ioreg.ioreg
    2.3 MB · Views: 99
  • AMLs.zip
    21.2 KB · Views: 112
I have attached the usual files with the AppleHDA kext that is in in SLE. Sound is not working.

This is your problem:
Code:
ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml.zlib
No such file or directory
[/quote]

Run install_downloads.sh as per post #1.

OK I did that. Now the output is
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 4716 26 Dec 12:21 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.zml.zlib
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 1836 26 Dec 12:21 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout1.zml.zlib

Still not working though :(. Also when I start Clover and press space there isn't an option to boot without caches

The changes you made a few days ago on the Intel-NUC-DSDT-Patch repository seem to have broken it for me. I got a fresh AppleHDA.kext from the most recent Sierra installer from Apple and ran your (newest) installer over it and completed the install the usual way; and this seems to have broken it. I will attach a copy of the older patched kext I had from last week and the newer one here. I have reinstalled the old AppleHDA.kext and SSDT-NUCHDA.aml from last week and now sound is back working again.

Attachments

• AppleHDA-working.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 91
  • AppleHDA-updated.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 121
OK I did that. Now the output is
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 4716 26 Dec 12:21 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.zml.zlib
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 1836 26 Dec 12:21 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout1.zml.zlib

Still not working though :(. Also when I start Clover and press space there isn't an option to boot without caches

You should also have layout2.zml.zlib.

But I think I've run into this issue with patch_hda.sh before... Update to latest github content.

Last edited:
Yes, that file is included in the one that is working!

Sweet, thanks.

Overview
Unfortunately, like all Skylake NUCs, this unit has soldered WiFi, so no possibility to install a compatible WiFi module.

Whly? The Skull Canyon Nuc offers 2x M.2 Slots, one can be used for a SSD, the other for a Broadcom WIFI/Bluetooth Card? Am I right?

Whly? The Skull Canyon Nuc offers 2x M.2 Slots, one can be used for a SSD, the other for a Broadcom WIFI/Bluetooth Card? Am I right?

WiFi is M.2 2230 (usually keyed A or A+E). The slot is M.2 2280 (from memory, keyed M).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back