Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Use the config_install_nuc6.plist (non-Skull Canyon) or config_install_nuc6_sc.plist (Skull Canyon) linked by this post instead of the laptop specific config.plist files linked by the guide. Make sure you copy it to EFI/Clover/config.plist (after installing Clover). Clover will not read a file named config_install_nuc6.plist.

This must be a typo, because by doing so you override the original config.plist file!

This must be a typo, because by doing so you override the original config.plist file!
Not sure what you mean by "original file"? You need one of these 2 files to install correctly on this NUC.

I believe you replace final version of the config.plist after you've installed all of the post-install stuff.

Rehabman: I am reattaching all of my current settings here. Basically redownloaded and followed the instructions again. I ran make install_sc and copied over SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml to the ACPI/patched folder. Then I moved copied over the spoofed 10.12.2 NVMe kext to /Library/Extensions and rebuilt the cache. I am still getting the same error.

Last edited:
Rehabman: I only have .aml files in my ACPI/patched folder. So I am a little lost about editing the .dsl files for disabling hda-gfx injection. Can you check post #200? I attached all of the troubleshooting stuff again with my kexts, output and Jorge etc.

Last edited:
Rehabman: I am reattaching all of my current settings here. Basically redownloaded and followed the instructions again. I ran make install_sc and copied over SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml to the ACPI/patched folder. Then I moved copied over the spoofed 10.12.2 NVMe kext to /Library/Extensions and rebuilt the cache. I am still getting the same error.

You installed HackrNVMeFamily incorrectly. It is obvious in your kextcache output:
Code:
HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_2.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.

It will not load. If you're booting from NVMe, it will not boot.

You must install kexts correctly. You cannot use Finder copy/paste, drag/drop. Must use a kext installer or Terminal.

Tip: Instead of SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml, use SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml as 'make install_sc' will not delete it if it is named that way.

Rehabman: I only have .aml files in my ACPI/patched folder. So I am a little lost about editing the .dsl files for disabling hda-gfx injection. Can you check post #200? I attached all of the troubleshooting stuff again with my kexts, output and Jorge etc.

The *.dsl files are in the root of the nuc.git directory.
Note:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:nuc.git rehabman$ grep hda-gfx *.dsl
SSDT-HDAU.dsl:                "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },
SSDT-HDEF.dsl:            "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },
SSDT-IGPU.dsl:                    "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },

They are built into *.aml with 'make' and installed with 'make install_sc'.

Okay. Here is the new output. Deleting the kernelcache file and redoing the kextcache. Alrighty did the spoofing kext again and put it into the kext/other folder. Now, I commented out everything with hda-gfx. Let's see what happens.

Attachments

• new_output.txt
    1,010 bytes · Views: 122
Last edited:
Okay. Here is the new output. Deleting the kernelcache file and redoing the kextcache. When I do make install_sc, is the NVMe kext the same as the one that I created via patch-nvme with the spoofing? It isn't right? I commented out everything.

'make install_sc' does not do anything with kexts.
install_downloads.sh will install HackrNVMeFamily to /L/E if it finds one in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

RehabMan: Thanks figured that out before wasting your time. Sorry about that. Well it boots up now and I don't see any graphics glitches, which is weird. I commented out all of the .dsl files with maciASL from your "grep hda-gfx *.dsl" command. What does that mean? It's a miracle! I can run this webgl water simulation now: https://www.chromeexperiments.com/experiment/webgl-water-simulation, which means I should have graphics acceleration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back