Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan: Thanks figured that out before wasting your time. Sorry about that. Well it boots up now and I don't see any graphics glitches, which is weird. I commented out all of the .dsl files with maciASL from your "grep hda-gfx *.dsl" command. What does that mean? It's a miracle! I can run this webgl water simulation now: https://www.chromeexperiments.com/experiment/webgl-water-simulation, which means I should have graphics acceleration.

If you have any questions regarding your current setup, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Not sure what you mean by "original file"? You need one of these 2 files to install correctly on this NUC.

yes, I mean the "original" config file which was created during the installation of clover on the usb tick (in my case with additional patches for NVMe support https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme).

RehabMan's guide
Make sure you copy it to EFI/Clover/config.plist (after installing Clover). Clover will not read a file named config_install_nuc6.plist.
Which clearly implies that up to this point, config.plist and config_install_nuc6.plist are coexisting in the Clover folder, but according the the guide, the content of config.plist will be replaced by that of config_install_nuc6.plist.

Here is the latest one. What does commenting the hda-gfx injection do? I think that is why it works perfectly now for me. I also have audio working. I can run a 3d game as well so 3d acceleration works.

Here is the latest one. What does commenting the hda-gfx injection do? I think that is why it works perfectly now for me. I also have audio working. I can run a 3d game as well so 3d acceleration works.

Removing "hda-gfx" injection breaks HDMI/DP-audio.

But injecting it when AppleHDA is not implemented correctly (eg. Clover patches not able to be applied, or other AppleHDA related problem), causes panic/reboot. It is documented in post #1.

It is usually solved by booting without cache (kernel flag -f, or choose from Clover menu), or by putting \System\Library\Extensions\AppleHDA.kext into config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/ForceKextsToLoad, or by putting AppleHDA.kext into EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

Once you rebuild cache, you will then be able to re-enable "hda-gfx" injection for working HDMI-DP/audio.

The problem only happens with fully patched ACPI (with "hda-gfx" injection), where AppleHDA.kext is not in cache (therefore not patched by Clover). Mostly that is initial installation and upgrade scenarios, as documented in post #1.

Note: Your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is wrong. You will need at least FakeSMC.kext in order to boot the installer (upgrade scenarios) and/or recovery.

That is strange. I tried the booting without cache part from clover and it would still kernel panic and reboot. So my next step is to put applehda.kext into forcekextstoload then and then uncomment everything and run make install_sc again. Put the AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E into kexts/other like you suggested and uncommented all of the hda-gfx entries. Did a make_installsc and it works! I can select my monitor as an audio output now. Thanks!

Last edited:
Whatever, I struggle with some other Problems now during Post Installation on my NUC Skull Canyon.

While proceeding with
Code:
make
make install_sc

I get the following in Terminal:

Code:
rm -f /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-*.aml

cp ./build/SSDT-Config-SC.aml ./build/SSDT-XOSI.aml ./build/SSDT-LPC.aml ./build/SSDT-IGPU.aml ./build/SSDT-USB.aml ./build/SSDT-Disable_EHCI.aml ./build/SSDT-XHC.aml ./build/SSDT-SATA.aml ./build/SSDT-NUCHDA.aml ./build/SSDT-HDEF.aml ./build/SSDT-HDAU.aml /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

usage: cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvX] source_file target_file

cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvX] source_file ... target_directory

make: *** [install_sc] Error 64

It seems make install_sc mounts the wrong EFI Partition, that of the OSX System instead of the Clover EFI on the USB stick.
I already mounted the Clover EFI in the system, but after make install_sc it disappears. Any suggestions?

That is strange. I tried the booting without cache part from clover and it would still kernel panic and reboot. So my next step is to put applehda.kext into forcekextstoload then and then uncomment everything and run make install_sc again.

You can just uncomment now and run 'make install_sc'. It will work now because AppleHDA is in the kernel cache.

Whatever, I struggle with some other Problems now during Post Installation on my NUC Skull Canyon.

While proceeding with
Code:
make
make install_sc

I get the following in Terminal:

Code:
rm -f /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-*.aml

cp ./build/SSDT-Config-SC.aml ./build/SSDT-XOSI.aml ./build/SSDT-LPC.aml ./build/SSDT-IGPU.aml ./build/SSDT-USB.aml ./build/SSDT-Disable_EHCI.aml ./build/SSDT-XHC.aml ./build/SSDT-SATA.aml ./build/SSDT-NUCHDA.aml ./build/SSDT-HDEF.aml ./build/SSDT-HDAU.aml /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

usage: cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvX] source_file target_file

cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvX] source_file ... target_directory

make: *** [install_sc] Error 64

It seems make install_sc mounts the wrong EFI Partition, that of the OSX System instead of the Clover EFI on the USB stick.
I already mounted the Clover EFI in the system, but after make install_sc it disappears. Any suggestions?

It appears you did not install Clover to your SSD prior to running 'make install_sc'.
It is required. Read the guide carefully (installing Clover to the SSD and configuring it as you did for USB is part of the laptop guide, post #2).

Installing to the EFI associated with the system partition is the correct EFI.
Installing to the USB EFI would be wrong.

Please follow the guide as written.

You can just uncomment now and run 'make install_sc'. It will work now because AppleHDA is in the kernel cache.
Oh. Should I remove the AppleHDA.kext from kext/other then?

Oh. Should I remove the AppleHDA.kext from kext/other then?

It won't matter that you have it there at this point... FakeSMC.kext is installed to the system volume and config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect. As a result, the contents of EFI/Clover/kexts are ignored by Clover anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back