Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Looking at this comment

"Before settling on the Samsung SM951 AHCI, I tried a Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD. Although it works with NVMeGeneric.kext, there are too many issues to recommend NVMe at this point. Use an AHCI M.2 or SATA M.2 SSD."

What does this mean please ?

I've ordered a SSD "Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 256 GB Solid State Drive " from amazon.co.uk

Will this work ? I can't see what else fits or works in the Skull Canyon, like AHCI M2 or SATA ?

Thanks

An NMVe drive can work (read post #1 carefully), but I'd recommend an SM951/AHCI as it works without hassles.

Currently (on my Skull Canyon NUC), I have an SM951/AHCI and 950Pro NVMe installed. The NVMe is used for Windows, and the SM951/AHCI for 10.11.6.

Hi guys,

Just purchased a NUC6i5syh - followed the guide but no hdmi audio yet...

has this been fixed? can someone help me - feels like the only thing left!!

Hi guys,

Just purchased a NUC6i5syh - followed the guide but no hdmi audio yet...

has this been fixed? can someone help me - feels like the only thing left!!

Digital audio on NUC6KYK working on 10.11.6 with HDMI but not DP.
No such luck on the non-Skull Canyon (not tested 10.12).

Digital audio on NUC6KYK working on 10.11.6 with HDMI but not DP.
No such luck on the non-Skull Canyon (not tested 10.12).

Ah damn, I put sierra on and no luck. Fingers crossed its soon anyways

Hi Rehabman!

Last week, I tried to install Sierra since I needed the latest version of iWork. Shouldn't have done it.

I upgraded as per the guide.

Everything works, except for the screen. It flickers/artefacts really bad, and the GPU is reported as "Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580 6 MB".

Do you see anything peculiar in the provided files? Any tips?

Video memory in bios is set to 64mb/256mb. I tried different values, but it would only lead to a sudden reboot right before the login screen.

Thanks! :D

Attachments

• Problem_shooting_NUC_Scull_Canyon.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 116
Hi Rehabman!

Last week, I tried to install Sierra since I needed the latest version of iWork. Shouldn't have done it.

I upgraded as per the guide.

Everything works, except for the screen. It flickers/artefacts really bad, and the GPU is reported as "Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580 6 MB".

Do you see anything peculiar in the provided files? Any tips?

Video memory in bios is set to 64mb/256mb. I tried different values, but it would only lead to a sudden reboot right before the login screen.

Thanks! :D

This guide is for 10.11. I haven't updated to 10.12 as my main OS and won't for some time...
I do know there are issues with DP, and since I require DP for my Dell U3011, I need to solve that before I can even entertain the idea of 10.12.

Unfortunately, no time at present.

I m using NUC skull,and I kept searching and searching,why no any mention about how to get NUC skull's graphic driver?

Hi, thank you so much for your support!
but I couldn't find my 2 M.2 SSD at all.

before I did hackintosh, I already installed windows 10 on my NUC Skull,but after the uncomfortable experience, I decided to do Hackintosh in NUC Skull,
but I been searching the solution for three hours, just couldn't find M.2 SSDs from Sierra(which installed in an external hard drive).

my SSDs are: 1 Samsung SSD 512GB 950 PRO M.2 Type2280 PCIe3.0×4(32Gb/s) NVMe1.1
2. Intel SSDPEKKW010T7X1

Thanks in advance if anyone has any solutions!

bcz some one said:"OS X does not like Windows partition management. I can get Win7/8/8.1 to install legacy mode on an OS X formatted drive, but haven't been able to install OS X on a Win7/8/8.1 formatted GUID and installed UEFI yet. The Disk utility in the installer will not even see the disk - it is not in the available list to partition/format at all. "

so should I take out the 2 m.2 SSDs and but them in cases, use as external hard drive, reformatting them via another mac? after that, put them back into pcia slots. so hackintosh OS can see these two ssds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back