Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bcz some one said:"OS X does not like Windows partition management. I can get Win7/8/8.1 to install legacy mode on an OS X formatted drive, but haven't been able to install OS X on a Win7/8/8.1 formatted GUID and installed UEFI yet. The Disk utility in the installer will not even see the disk - it is not in the available list to partition/format at all

Take a look at this thread, specifically post 13

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/mavericks-windows-8-on-same-drive-without-erasing.133940/page-2

Hi, Andy1 Thank you so much for answering. however,I have a noobie question. according to the 13# post,

[QUOTE='' Since the Recovery partition is not really needed, I sacrificed it.

Goes something like this (from memory):
- boot Windows installer USB
- Shift+F10 for recovery command line
- type: diskpart
- type: list disk (verify disk 0)
- type: select disk 0
- type: list part (you should see the four partitions)
- type: select part 2 (part 2 is 99/100 EFI part)
- type: assign
- type: list vol (to find out the drive letter assigned to EFI/main volume, in my case E: and C: respectively)
- Shift+F10 for another command prompt
- type: robocopy e:\efi c:\efi.bak /mir
- switch back to original command prompt (the one running diskpart)
- type: select part 1
- type: delete part override
- type: select part 2
- type: delete part override
- type: create part efi size=200 (could be bigger)
- type: format quick fs=fat32 label="EFI"
- type: assign
- type: list vol (to find out new drive letter, in my case F: )
- switch back to other command prompt window (the one just running cmd)
- type: robocopy c:\efi.bak f:\EFI /mir
- type: exit
- switch to original command prompt (the one running diskpart)
- Alt+F4 at the Windows installer to quit

"[/QUOTE]

how can I get into this ?? now I messed up everything, couldn't log in Mac nor Windows system at all.
1. should I go into Virtual BIOS?(I am using NUC Skull and pressing F2)
2. or should I go into Boot MENU?
3. Bcz I already used one USB for Sierra boot. should I go get another USB for booting windows 10, try to reinstall windows 10(couldn't log into windows either) first, then do the thing as that post 13 ?

I used a windows 10 recovery USB stick, though I was never at a point where I couldn't get into windows and if I remember correctly you can do all this from a DOS shell within Windows. The only potential problem with this method is that you end up with the partitions in the order EFI - Windows - OSX and some people (me included) have had problems upgrading EL Capitan to Sierra with this partition order. I think with a SC you might want to consider El Capitan at the moment - you are more likely to get help from experienced users since there are known issues with SC and Sierra.

Hi Rehabman!

Last week, I tried to install Sierra since I needed the latest version of iWork. Shouldn't have done it.

I upgraded as per the guide.

Everything works, except for the screen. It flickers/artefacts really bad, and the GPU is reported as "Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580 6 MB".

Do you see anything peculiar in the provided files? Any tips?

Video memory in bios is set to 64mb/256mb. I tried different values, but it would only lead to a sudden reboot right before the login screen.

Thanks! :D

You should try with current config_nuc6_sc.plist. I've made some required changes for 10.12.1.

Still should be considered beta/WIP... but working here.

This guide has moved to the Sierra Desktop Guides forum

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-clover-uefi-nuc6i5syk-nuc6i7kyk-etc.207848/

If you're installing 10.11.6, read the guide there, but reply with issues here.

For 10.12 issues, please reply at the guide thread in the Sierra forum.

The guide has been updated to 10.12. There are also special instructions for upgrading from 10.11->10.12.

I'm now running only 10.12.1 on my Skull Canyon NUC, as is shown in my signature.

The guide has been updated to 10.12. There are also special instructions for upgrading from 10.11->10.12.

I'm now running only 10.12.1 on my Skull Canyon NUC, as is shown in my signature.

I'm ready to perform my upgrade this weekend. Do you still recommend using a SATA SSD over an NVME SSD?

Hi RehabMan, do you know if the latest NUC (NUC6CAYS) that is coming out will be able to use osx?

This is a low price NUC, but would be cool to be able to use osx.

I hope to hear your response.

Thanks

Celeron graphics not supported.

What's the cheapest skylake nuc that supports osx?

Suggest you get a list of NUC6 models from intel.com, then shop prices for yourself.
No doubt i3 models less expensive than i5/i7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back