Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggest you get a list of NUC6 models from intel.com, then shop prices for yourself.
No doubt i3 models less expensive than i5/i7.

Note also that Broadwell NUC5 models still available and are actually a better value when used with OS X/macOS.
There are more problems (hotplug) with the Skylake graphics than Broadwell graphics.
I have a guide for the Broadwell NUC5 too...

Rehabman: you were right, like always. I forgot to edit my script to comment out everything with the new changes you made. I was wondering what wireless card you are using the skull canyon? Thanks.

Rehabman: you were right, like always. I forgot to edit my script to comment out everything with the new changes you made. I was wondering what wireless card you are using the skull canyon? Thanks.

I don't use WiFI with my NUC6i7KYK. I am using it in a typical desktop configuration with wired Ethernet.

No problems updating my NUC6i5SYK to 10.11.6.

I did a little testing on HDMI/DP-audio. Interestingly, I see HDMI audio, but not DP audio. Further investigation required, but not enough time right now.
Hello, I have the same NUC6i5SYK running 10.11.5. and 10.11.6. I am unable to get my HDMI audio, I followed the guides, reinstalled the system over 10 times and still no HDMI audio, Thanks for your help

Hello, I have the same NUC6i5SYK running 10.11.5. and 10.11.6. I am unable to get my HDMI audio, I followed the guides, reinstalled the system over 10 times and still no HDMI audio, Thanks for your help

Read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

So I'm still on El Cap here and thought I'd just try the latest security update. Stupid, I know.
Now I can't seem to get past the apple logo, even with the USB installer plugged in...
I was getting some graphics problems before the update already and tried to cure them by reinstalling all the goodies and patches through the github resources but it didn't seem to change anything. Now the 10.11.6 must have messed things up even more. I'll have to see if there's any other way to boot with the USB stick.
Otherwise it would have to be a new install, I guess. I was wondering if the latest versions of the patches and fixes on github are actually still functional for 10.11 or if they only work on 10.12.
And also if Sierra is still a disaster or if it works okay with the skull canyon nuc.
I'd be very thankful for any help!

So I'm still on El Cap here and thought I'd just try the latest security update. Stupid, I know.
Now I can't seem to get past the apple logo, even with the USB installer plugged in...
I was getting some graphics problems before the update already and tried to cure them by reinstalling all the goodies and patches through the github resources but it didn't seem to change anything. Now the 10.11.6 must have messed things up even more. I'll have to see if there's any other way to boot with the USB stick.
Otherwise it would have to be a new install, I guess. I was wondering if the latest versions of the patches and fixes on github are actually still functional for 10.11 or if they only work on 10.12.
And also if Sierra is still a disaster or if it works okay with the skull canyon nuc.
I'd be very thankful for any help!

Guide/github still applies to 10.11 (and 10.12).
I'm running 10.12 (no reason not to).
Suspect the latest security update problems may be a Clover issue. No idea if it is addressed in the latest version of Clover or not.

Ok, thanks. I now installed 10.11 to another drive in order to get at the actual system drive.
I'm sending the zipped clover in the hopes you can find what might be wrong with it.
Since I'm not very confident using the terminal any other way than exactly copying instructions I don't know how to proceed for further problem reporting because I'm booting from this other drive now.

EDIT: Uploading isn't working :(

There we go:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 99
When I tried verbose mode it got stuck right at the beginning after

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi
Using relic block: yes, hibernate wake: no
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
_

Status
Not open for further replies.