Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had installed the latest update to 10.11.6 and was unable to boot as a result. Then I installed 10.11.5 fresh to another drive in order to get to the messed up system drive. Then I trashed clover there and had no more clover option when booting, even with the emergency install or the Install OSX stick. That's when I had to use efibootmgr in ubuntu to put the ubuntu behind clover to be able to get to clover at all.
Now I am back up and running on the emergency install from where I can at least see the other drive with the faulty system again. Now I need to know:
Should I remove clover and or anything else on the no longer working install and just try going through all the post install from the guide again?
Or should I rather do a complete new install and migrate all necessary data over afterwards and also paste the old SMBIOS into the config?

There should be only one copy of Clover. It is on your EFI partition.
As a result, saying something like "remove clover... on the no longer working install" is nonsense. Clover is on your EFI partition, independent of any macOS install partition.

There should be only one copy of Clover. It is on your EFI partition.
As a result, saying something like "remove clover... on the no longer working install" is nonsense. Clover is on your EFI partition, independent of any macOS install partition.
I see. Obviously I meant the EFI partition on that drive.

I see. Obviously I meant the EFI partition on that drive.

If you have multiple drives, you will need to decide which one you're going to install Clover to.
BIOS will boot to that Clover, and then you'll be able to boot any applicable target on either drive.

Got you. And now how do I fix it?

This is what's in clover:
The only thing you had to criticise there was that the version of clover was kind of old. So what to do about it? Or could the problem lie elsewhere? Any hint?

This is what's in clover:
The only thing you had to criticise there was that the version of clover was kind of old. So what to do about it? Or could the problem lie elsewhere? Any hint?

You can update Clover by running the Clover installer.

Now that was easy :)
At last I'm able to boot on the latest Clover on 10.11.6. Thanks!
There's still some stuff, tha's a little weird and has been like this for some time, though:
Full screen video often has flickering especially on YT, when there are overlays and in Safari when moving the curser over tabs it creates graphical glitches. And the booting time is quite long. So some things do need some tweaking still.
But I'm very happy to be back running as before the OS update.
You can update Clover by running the Clover installer.

Now that was easy :)
At last I'm able to boot on the latest Clover on 10.11.6. Thanks!
There's still some stuff, tha's a little weird and has been like this for some time, though:
Full screen video often has flickering especially on YT, when there are overlays and in Safari when moving the curser over tabs it creates graphical glitches. And the booting time is quite long. So some things do need some tweaking still.
But I'm very happy to be back running as before the OS update.

Any analysis requires "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1 and complete unambiguous instructions for how to replicate the problem.

Any analysis requires "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1 and complete unambiguous instructions for how to replicate the problem.
I took the plunge to Sierra. See you in the other thread :)

I finally wait for you to appear RehabMan!
I installed Os X 11.6 today. Everything seems to be better! iris 580 graphics card will not intermittent black screen.I am still hibernation disabled, sleep becomes like this (like my linked file the same).
In addition, I did not use BCM wireless card. So I deleted the S / E under the relevant driver files, but also modify the config kext to patched. Do not know if it is correct?

Attachments

• IMG_2134.zip
    25.6 MB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back