Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

The only suggestion I have is in the bios change thunderbolt to legacy. Do those ports work in Windows or Linux?
I’ll give legacy a try. Ive never had any other operating system installed. If legacy doesn’t work, installing windows or Linux is my next step. I’m starting to think I might have a bad NUC.

The only suggestion I have is in the bios change thunderbolt to legacy. Do those ports work in Windows or Linux?
Legacy didn't make a difference.. off to install windows.

I'm having the same issue. My USB-C port works fine in Windows, in the BIOS Boot Manager, and in OpenCore when selecting a boot drive. But macOS cannot see any devices connected, and Hackintool does not see anything connected.

This is on an NUC7i3, so mine is only a USB-C port, not a Thunderbolt port, though.

Hey y'all, I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction for.

I have an i7 NUC 8 that I set up using RehabMan's guide a while back and once updated with @Leesureone EFI folder, but that was still back in Clover days.

Seems like it's probably time to make the switch to OC to stay current and make sure I can still get help, but I'm worried about making the switch. My biggest concern is that I have a second hard drive in there with Windows 10. Will OC still support dual-booting the same way Clover did?

What are the biggest things I should know about getting my NUC 8 current?

Thanks!

I'm having the same issue. My USB-C port works fine in Windows, in the BIOS Boot Manager, and in OpenCore when selecting a boot drive. But macOS cannot see any devices connected, and Hackintool does not see anything connected.

This is on an NUC7i3, so mine is only a USB-C port, not a Thunderbolt port, though.
I’m sorry this is happening for you, but it does feel good to not be alone. I’m just installing windows now. So far mine isn’t even working in windows. I’ve installed Windows 10, and my bios settings are on default. I’m going through windows update to make sure I have all of the updates, and the intel support page said I needed to install Thinderbolt Control Center software from the windows App Store, do I’m doing that now. Just to see if I can get the port to work.

Right now the only thing I can think of that’s might be causing the problem is I have the newest version of the bios. Maybe there’s something wrong with that. I remember reading on a few different NUC hackintosh build threads that the bios version mattered. What is our bios version? @Leesureone what version of the bios are you using?

I’m sorry this is happening for you, but it does feel good to not be alone. I’m just installing windows now. So far mine isn’t even working in windows. I’ve installed Windows 10, and my bios settings are on default. I’m going through windows update to make sure I have all of the updates, and the intel support page said I needed to install Thinderbolt Control Center software from the windows App Store, do I’m doing that now. Just to see if I can get the port to work.

Right now the only thing I can think of that’s might be causing the problem is I have the newest version of the bios. Maybe there’s something wrong with that. I remember reading on a few different NUC hackintosh build threads that the bios version mattered. What is our bios version? @Leesureone what version of the bios are you using?
Well... I couldn’t install the Thunderbolt Control Software. I decided to downgrade my bios. I was able to go from the current version 83 back two versions to 77. I rebooted windows, and plugged my iPhone into the USB-C port and it was finally recognized. Success! The first time I’ve had more then just power to the USB-C port.

I’m now in the process of installing MacOS. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Well... I couldn’t install the Thunderbolt Control Software. I decided to downgrade my bios. I was able to go from the current version 83 back two versions to 77. I rebooted windows, and plugged my iPhone into the USB-C port and it was finally recognized. Success! The first time I’ve had more then just power to the USB-C port.

I’m now in the process of installing MacOS. I’ll let you know how it goes.
That was it! Bios version 77! I installed MacOS, I used @Leesureone 's EFI folder, checked Hackintool and everything was there! Now I just have to figure out what's missing from my EFI folder, so I can understand why mine doesn't work and @Leesureone 's does. @Leesureone thank you for all of your help.

I’ve never updated my bios. I guess I can try that.

Where can I find the adapters for the internal headers?
Thank you!
You can search for these Ali Express had them, probably Ebay doos too.

Attachments

• Connectors.png
    Connectors.png
    752.6 KB · Views: 52
Back