Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

You might also need the USBC SSDT from @Leesureone ’s EFI folder.
@MacAddict4Life has a different model and needs different SSDTs, no Thunderbolt on his. I sent him a link to another users set up courtesy of Rehabman from back in the day, the files he should try are available within the EFI/ACPI folder. No word if he tried that ot not or what bootloader he is using

@Leesureone hi! I've been following you guide and mixing and matching instructions from other guides for a new Catalina build. On page 90, your guide says to use Clover, but the latest versions use OpenCore, correct?

Right now, the only question I have is about audio: is kext moving still the way to go for audio issues, even on Catalina?

@Leesureone hi! I've been following you guide and mixing and matching instructions from other guides for a new Catalina build. On page 90, your guide says to use Clover, but the latest versions use OpenCore, correct?

Right now, the only question I have is about audio: is kext moving still the way to go for audio issues, even on Catalina?
I guess I should update the original post being I don’t maintain the Clover versions anymore. In the community I think you will find the OpenCore bootloader is now preferred, it’s a big change but worth the effort to become familiar with how it works. The closer we get to the launch of Big Sur the mor significant that becomes.

Moving Kexts to L/E is no longer recommended being it’s not supported in Catalina.

I guess I should update the original post being I don’t maintain the Clover versions anymore. In the community I think you will find the OpenCore bootloader is now preferred, it’s a big change but worth the effort to become familiar with how it works. The closer we get to the launch of Big Sur the mor significant that becomes.

Moving Kexts to L/E is no longer recommended being it’s not supported in Catalina.

Cool, cool. Makes sense. As someone jumping in for the first time (and in a bit of a hurry), the docs related to Clover, along with a lot of the install material is a bit confusing to dig through given OpenCore's existence.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to try and fix the audio problem -- but what would you reckon the best approach for diagnosing it is? There's a thread laying around that indicates that L/E should work? Admittedly, I'm not up to date on Big Sur changes.

Unrelated: should people even be playing with UniBeast/MultiBeast anymore, given OpenCore?

Cool, cool. Makes sense. As someone jumping in for the first time (and in a bit of a hurry), the docs related to Clover, along with a lot of the install material is a bit confusing to dig through given OpenCore's existence.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to try and fix the audio problem -- but what would you reckon the best approach for diagnosing it is? There's a thread laying around that indicates that L/E should work? Admittedly, I'm not up to date on Big Sur changes.

Unrelated: should people even be playing with UniBeast/MultiBeast anymore, given OpenCore?
See here regarding kexts in L/E. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-15-6-update.301161/post-2151936

Clover will be around for awhile and until earlier this year it was the pretty much what everyone was using. If you are using OpenCore then it’s all about the device ID and there are some earlier posts that discuss that.

See here for information on Device IDs and sound. Its below the display information..

Attachments

• ALC.png
    ALC.png
    647 KB · Views: 73
@MacAddict4Life has a different model and needs different SSDTs, no Thunderbolt on his. I sent him a link to another users set up courtesy of Rehabman from back in the day, the files he should try are available within the EFI/ACPI folder. No word if he tried that ot not or what bootloader he is using
I'm sorry, where/how did you send me a link? I don't see a post here, nor do I have any messages? I'd be very much happy to try an SSDT. I'm using OpenCore 0.62, because I wanted Wifi working. However my SSDTs come from the post on page 90, which has a ready-to-go 0.59 folder for the NUC7, though probably not for the i3, which is probably my issue.

I also noticed something odd. When I boot with USBInjectAll, Hackintool does not report the TBTU controller from the attached screenshot, or the included TBTU USB port. Not just that they do not respond, but that they do not appear at all.

When booting without USBInjectAll, they do appear, but the port is still completely nonresponsive.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 10.08.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 10.08.53 PM.png
    194.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I'm sorry, where/how did you send me a link? I don't see a post here, nor do I have any messages? I'd be very much happy to try an SSDT. I'm using OpenCore 0.62, because I wanted Wifi working.

I also noticed something odd. When I boot with USBInjectAll, Hackintool does not report the TBTU controller from the attached screenshot, or the included TBTU USB port. Not just that they do not respond, but that they do not appear at all.

When booting without USBInjectAll, they do appear, but the port is still completely nonresponsive.
Post 3696 to you has a link

Back