Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Post 3696 to you has a link
Well how do you like that? Totally missed it! Trying out the one from GitHub first.

Edit: No love. Trying the RehabMan route. I will just replace my EFI folder when it's done (except for the SSDTs). I have a backup.

Last edited:
I had to install clover to follow the RehabMan instructions, as well as replace my EFI folder from backup and clean up the L/E installs. Of course, I had to copy my new SSDTs and then add them to my efi and opencore config.

At first still no love. But one USBInjectAll, smooth Hackintool run, and new USB kext later, and everything seems to be perfect! Thanks for the help’

Hey, Does anyone knows what is this "USB Controller" icon I have?
It appeared on my NUC8i5BEH since updating to OC6.2 + Catalina 10.15.7
If I press "power off card" it disappears, but everything seems to function well and it will reappear after sleep.
Anyone know what can it be? Or how can I figure out what is it?
Thank you

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 11.04.53.png

Hey, Does anyone knows what is this "USB Controller" icon I have?
It appeared on my NUC8i5BEH since updating to OC6.2 + Catalina 10.15.7
If I press "power off card" it disappears, but everything seems to function well and it will reappear after sleep.
Anyone know what can it be? Or how can I figure out what is it?
Thank you

View attachment 491669
That's the micro SD card reader, the little slot on the side of the box.

That's the micro SD card reader, the little slot on the side of the box.
Thank you!
I didn't know it was included in the kext and working, i'll check it :)

It shows also when I plug a usbC device
I think that is an unintended consequence of using the Sinetek card reader kext. I disbled it because HDMI sound wasn’t working, after I did it worked. That icon is for a card reader on a real MacBook.

Last edited:
I might miss something in this long thread but I've been read over 200 pages. I have to set boot-args alcid=14 for my NUC8i5 internal MIC and front headphone audio both working correctly. Previous posts suggest setting layout id to either 28 or 3, but my results with 28 (SPK OK, MIC NG) and 3 (SPK NG, MIC OK) are not good on my side. Already trying every shared EFI to check differences but no one is working on my side. As an engineer always did something trial and run at work, I decide to try each value and I think it may help someone in the same boat so I would like to share this.

# My definition: MIC OK means Siri dictates my voice right, SPK OK means no distortion on audio playback.

I might miss something in this long thread but I've been read over 200 pages. I have to set boot-args alcid=14 for my NUC8i5 internal MIC and front headphone audio both working correctly. Previous posts suggest setting layout id to either 28 or 3, but my results with 28 (SPK OK, MIC NG) and 3 (SPK NG, MIC OK) are not good on my side. Already trying every shared EFI to check differences but no one is working on my side. As an engineer always did something trial and run at work, I decide to try each value and I think it may help someone in the same boat so I would like to share this.

# My definition: MIC OK means Siri dictates my voice right, SPK OK means no distortion on audio playback.
Results vary, glad you found what worked for you.

Has anyone here tried to update to the beta 10 version of Mac OS BigSur?
I tried and failed, even using the OpenCore 0.6.3 on beta unfinished stage.
I've got Kernel Panic during boot.
After searching the internet, I found that disabling SecureBootModel allowed me to boot the system, but is not a good solution.
I wonder if anyone managed to upgrade without having to disable SecureBootModel.

Back