Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Leesureone,

Thank you so much for helping the community. As I am one of those who are only technical enough to be dangerous, could you add a few more sentences to your post #901/903 that could help us newbies a little more? Specifically, what I am trying to understand is:

1. Do I follow the usual UniBeast instructions on this site, modify them as you discussed in 901, then followup with using Multibeast to finish the installation?
  2. I could not find the clover version that you referenced located on this site. Where do i obtain that version of clover so I can eliminate any discrepancies in the install?
  3. Could you elaborate a little more on working with clover instead of Multibeast? As this is only my 3rd hackintosh build, the transition from multibeast to clover seems very detailed.
I'm just trying to get a vanilla NUC8i7BEH running to be a time machine server and would like to understand how to achieve this. Thanks again for all your help on this forum.

So when you get to the Mojave install screen go to disk utility and format the INTERNAL disk using the ERASE and you can start again.
He is not able to get this screen because of allocation error.
Make sure to follow post #901 to create the boot disk. After you make the Mojave 10.14.6 installer use clover configurator to mount the EFI folder delete that EFI folder on the USB and copy the NEW EFI folder from post 901. Not need to install clover or anything then as he has done all the hard work for you.
I did exacly what you wrote. I get allocation error right after booting from USB prepared the way you wrote.

Leesureone,

Thank you so much for helping the community. As I am one of those who are only technical enough to be dangerous, could you add a few more sentences to your post #901/903 that could help us newbies a little more? Specifically, what I am trying to understand is:

1. Do I follow the usual UniBeast instructions on this site, modify them as you discussed in 901, then followup with using Multibeast to finish the installation?
  2. I could not find the clover version that you referenced located on this site. Where do i obtain that version of clover so I can eliminate any discrepancies in the install?
  3. Could you elaborate a little more on working with clover instead of Multibeast? As this is only my 3rd hackintosh build, the transition from multibeast to clover seems very detailed.
I'm just trying to get a vanilla NUC8i7BEH running to be a time machine server and would like to understand how to achieve this. Thanks again for all your help on this forum.
Hi, use this manulal for USB preparation: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html
then do what spottsy wrore in #1358:
"Make sure to follow post #901 to create the boot disk. After you make the Mojave 10.14.6 installer use clover configurator to mount the EFI folder delete that EFI folder on the USB and copy the NEW EFI folder from post 901. Not need to install clover or anything then as he has done all the hard work for you.

Just change bios settings that are mentioned start of guide and"

So new attempt
- booted into gparted and removed ALL partitions on SSD (had this to do 2 times, first time I didn't applied the changes)
- created bootable mojave bootable usb
- mounted EFI partition with CC
- put the EFI folder from #901
- booted with the usb drive into clover (all previous AFPS boot options are now gone)
- select Install Mojave

--> runtime allocation error :mad:

Then I added the slide=0 boot argument and halleluja it booted in the macos installer!
I continued with the installation and now I know the mistake I did before: every time the installer boot I have to set that slide=0 boot argument because clover doesn't persist it (I can change the conflig.plist offcourse and will do that for sure but I was middle in the installation).

I'm now fully booted in mojave with working ethernet but no sound though (my monitor is connected with usb-c). Any suggestions?

Todo: installer clover on the SSD, but I need to leave now.

Last edited:
--> runtime allocation error :mad:
Guys who had this error, please replace AptioMemoryFix.efi to OsxAptioFixDrv.efi (it is a one of Clover 5070 drivers) and give it a try. It may help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-28 at 12.01.47.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-28 at 12.01.47.png
    331.6 KB · Views: 82
  • OsxAptioFixDrv.efi.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 72
Guys who had this error, please replace AptioMemoryFix.efi to OsxAptioFixDrv.efi (it is a one of Clover 5070 drivers) and give it a try. It may help.
See my previous post

slide=0 is barely used since clover rev. 1887 'cause it's adds automatically if needed. My config work without it.
But for some reason it did the trick for me? Can you explain what it does?

AptioMemoryFix.efi is a special driver designed to correct the incorrect memory map that AMI AptioEFI created, otherwise OS launch is not possible. Generally AptioMemoryFix calculate best value of slide=xxx automatically, but sometimes it's faults. OsxAptioFixDrv.efi not so smart as AptioMemoryFix but on ours NUCs works well.

Really Glad it worked for you. I know that feeling when it just works now.

Back