Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Guys who had this error, please replace AptioMemoryFix.efi to OsxAptioFixDrv.efi (it is a one of Clover 5070 drivers) and give it a try. It may help.
Finally!
Many, many thanks chinese_spy!
My EFI partition on M.2 hard drive looks like this now:
Zrzut ekranu 2019-09-28 o 13.53.26.png
So I removed EFI folder from EFI partition and copied EFI from post #901.
Then I removerd AptioMemoryFix.efi as you mentioned and copied OsxAptioFixDrv.efi into UEFI folder.

20 restarts and everyone with success!
I did it on 071 BIOS. Then I upgraded to 074 and it's working fine too.
I attach my BIOS settings, so the one who has doubts about their settings can import mine. Just remember to correctly set your boot priority in BOOT tab after import.

Attachments

• NUC8BEH_bios074_DefaultProfile_working.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Finally!
View attachment 427851
Then I removerd AptioMemoryFix.efi as you mentioned and copied OsxAptioFixDrv.efi into UEFI folder.

I attach my BIOS settings, so the one who has doubts about their settings can import mine. Just remember to correctly set your boot disk in BOOT after import.
AptioMemoryFix make sense if you not using EmuVariableUefi which is emulated UEFI Variables.

Finally!
View attachment 427851

I attach my BIOS settings, so the one who has doubts about their settings can import mine. Just remember to correctly set your boot priority in BOOT tab after import.
I’ll try that over slide=0. It seems we suffered from the same issue.
Do you have sound?

I think I screwed up my installation somehow trying to make the SSD bootable.

Can somebody explain the steps to do so? I did
- install clover on my macos installation
- mounted efi partition
- deleted the APPLE folder (it did not have a EFI folder)
- copied the EFI folder from the bootable usb to the EFI partition of the SSD

Do you have sound?
Yes, it's fine from the beginning.
install clover on my macos installation
you have to instal clover on EFI partition on your SSD.
1. download Clover: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/
2. download Clover Configurator: https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/
3. In Clover Configurator mount EFI partition of your SSD.
4. Run Clover (from the 1st point) and customize/install on mounted EFI partition of your SSD.
Or skip point 1 and 4 and just copy EFI folder from post #901 to mounted EFI partition of your SSD.

Yes, it's fine from the beginning.

you have to instal clover on EFI partition on your SSD.
1. download Clover: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/
2. download Clover Configurator: https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/
3. In Clover Configurator mount EFI partition of your SSD.
4. Run Clover (from the 1st point) and customize/install on mounted EFI partition of your SSD.
Or skip point 1 and 4 and just copy EFI folder from post #901 to mounted EFI partition of your SSD.
Do I need to remove the APPLE folder on the EFI partition of the SSD and copy the EFI folder? Or do I leave the APPLE folder.

Do I need to remove the APPLE folder on the EFI partition of the SSD and copy the EFI folder? Or do I leave the APPLE folder.
APPLE is part of EFI folder.
Just delete everything from EFI partition and paste there EFI folder from post #901
my EFI partition contains EFI folder and subfolders. It looks like this:
Zrzut ekranu 2019-09-28 o 18.59.02.png

APPLE is part of EFI folder.
Just delete everything from EFI partition and paste there EFI folder from post #901
my EFI partition contains EFI folder and subfolders. It looks like this:
View attachment 427880
Ok thank you.
I'm currently reinstalling macos (with slide=0, changing to the other OsxAptioFixDrv.efi didn't work either, got a different error, very strange)

Strange indeed. Maybe the installer behaves differently than the ready system. I replaced these files with the version already installed. Good luck!

I just booted from SSD in Mojave
Need to go now, but I leave happy at least

Back