Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

My nuc8i7 is progressing but i need some help.
  1. I created the installer with unibeast, placed multibeast and the EFI from #901 onto the usb and transferred them to the nuc.
  2. Got Mojave running and used multibeast to create a efi folder and then copied the entire folder from #901 to the efi partition (replacing it, not merging)
  3. The nuc is running Mojave (with Intel Iris 655 graphics) but has no wired connectivity nor sound.
What files could I provide that could help diagnose what I am missing? Thanks in advance.

1. I created the installer with unibeast, placed multibeast and the EFI from #901 onto the usb and transferred them to the nuc.
  2. Got Mojave running and used multibeast to create a efi folder and then copied the entire folder from #901 to the efi partition (replacing it, not merging)
  3. The nuc is running Mojave (with Intel Iris 655 graphics) but has no wired connectivity nor sound.
What files could I provide that could help diagnose what I am missing? Thanks in advance.
If you are using my EFI folder I’m puzzled why neither work. Please verify the kexts installed in Clover/ other. You can use a screen shot to make reporting easier.

Last edited:
QUESTION ABOUT HDMI AUDIO LOSS AFTER SLEEP. It is not a deal breaker for me but when my NUC8 sleeps and I wake it my audio on youtube etc doesn't have sound.

I fix it easily by unplugging HDMI from back of Nuc and plugging it in. Has anyone else info on this problem. I searched but not much. I'm guessing I need a different kext file. Thought I should ask here first.

SECOND QUESTION: Is there any way to disable "WIRED USB" mouse waking my hackinthosh. I see lots about bluetooth mice but not wired. I don't want to bump mouse and wake computer. Searching didn't provide solution for Clover that worked. Not crucial to fix just a small annoyance.

Hey did anyone have a solution to HDMI audio not working after waking from sleep. A different kext or something.

For now I just unplug the HDMI and plug back in after waking my NUC8i7 and audio works again.

Any advice would be welcome.

I think if I have read your post right you have made a mistake. Once you boot into Mojave for the first time you are actually using the 901 EFI folder to boot FROM THE USB.

no need to USE MULTIBEAST AT ALL AT THIS POINT disregard the guide at that point.

download and install "clover configurator" this is different to clover bootloader. You need it to MOUNT YOUR HIDDEN HARD DRIVE EFI PARTITION. Get it here. https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/

When installed run it and on the left click Mount EFI. Then click the "open Partition" Delete the entire EFI folder on the HARD DRIVE.

Most important point. DOWNLOAD THE ZIPED FILES FROM POST 901. Unzip and inside is EFI folder. Copy and paste this folder "TO THE NOW EMPTY EFI PARTITION"

IMPORTANT: Don't install Clover Bootloader or use the multibeast folder on the drive it is not needed. ALL THE FILES NEEDED TO RUN AND BOOT YOUR NUC drivers and the latest clover have already been installed into the EFI folder.

REMOVE the USB because the NEW EFI folder will now boot Mojave from the Hard Drive EFI folder. Clove will start first hit enter and your off.

Lastly read the rest of Post 901 you might want to change the serial number of the NUC install so it is Unique so icloud etc works.

IMPORTANT: Don't install Clover Bootloader or use the multibeast folder on the drive it is not needed. ALL THE FILES NEEDED TO RUN AND BOOT YOUR NUC drivers and the latest clover have already been installed into the EFI folder.
You are mistaken here. Since you all use post #901 which has EmuVariableEfi driver then installing rc scripts onto boot drive is mandatory. The easiest way to install rc script is to use clover installation.

You are mistaken here. Since you all use post #901 which has EmuVariableEfi driver then installing rc scripts onto boot drive is mandatory. The easiest way to install rc script is to use clover installation.

I might be missing something but I didn't need to install clover to EFI partiton as Leesureone said in post 901 that Clover 5070.

When one installs clover bootloader does it ALSO put files in the Mac partition ONLY as well Chines_spy?

I presumed when installing Clover Bootloader as Leesureone said that it ALREADY HAS Clover 5070 installed on the EFI partition.

Quote: "Updated EFI with Clover Version 5070, latest kext versions 9/22/19" is LEESSUREONE's description" I didn't install Clover at all I thought.

Let me know if my logic is wrong and thanks.

Has anyone found a way to solve the issue of scratchy audio? I'm starting to think that it is my NUC that has the problem instead of the installation. I've moved the kexts to Library/Extensions and that hasn't worked. I've updated to the latest version of 10.14.6 and still I get this hum, using the headphone jack OR the hdmi audio (and then headphone jack on my monitor.
Has been driving me nuts all day. Any other solutions? I have a NUC8i7BEH with firmware 0072 that came pre installed. I think 0073 has come out now, so maybe it is that?

Let me know if my logic is wrong and thanks.
If someone uses your setup sequence he boot mac os normally, but lose some NVRAM functionality. Clover may use real UEFI NVRAM or emulated one. Then EmuVariableEfi driver installed NVRAM is emulated and Clover need some data transferred from/to system. rc.local and rc.shutdown.local scripts are responsible for these transfers while loading and shutdown the OS and these scripts should be installed on a boot drive.
rc scripts are a part of Clover installation.

Last edited:

@spottsy may be onto something, no need to use multibeast once you finish install (it also could have worked depending on how you chose to install but though to know now). I would start over, format the drive, and reinstall. Then forgo using multibeast which can install kexts to your Mojave partition and and cause conflict. Once install is done mount the EFI partition and copy the entire EFI folder over that already contains Clover. Results then vary, you may or may not have to install clover to be able to boot. Try without first, if it fails boot again from the USB drive and then install clover to your hard drive making sure you end up with the same drivers as in the EFI folder (you can have both open in finder and compare before you reboot, if you are missing any you can copy them over). Sounds more complicated than it is.

Back