Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hi Suedkaliber, spent a few hours with the attached EFI folder. I noticed right away there was duplication of Clover folders and after spending more time with it noticed there was lots more duplication inside the folders as well. See the attached .png for a partial look at what I mean, two config.plists, drivers and kexts and clover boot files as well. it works but its kind of a funky mash up.

I cleaned it up and it works for me, curious if it does for you at 4k etc. You'd have to add various kexts bedsides the basic ones I installed to boot, have wired internet access, usb and graphics. Just copy them to Kexts/ Other and then install the clover folder in your EFI folder. This also works for a boot USB drive.
Bluetooth work for me, check your: CLOVER/kexts/Other
(attach my folder)

Attachments

• kexts_Other.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
My NUC8i7BEH Bios v66 Clover DSDT (F4) Dump:

Attachments

• origin_20190322_0846.zip
    73.4 KB · Views: 78
Bluetooth work for me, check your: CLOVER/kexts/Other
(attach my folder)
The internal Bluetooth works for you? Is it "BT4LEContiunityFixup.kext" ?
I see AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext & RealtekRTL8111.kext in your Other folder. What are they for?
Do you have a USB Wifi Stick which works with airdrop/continuity? I was thinking this is not possible...

Hi RehabMan,

Please see attached clover directory. This is a clean install of current Mojave build on a NUC7i7BNH, which I have
had working with previous versions of Mojave.

Unfortunately the system freezes at OOBE.

As I can't get past this point, I've attached the Clover directory. All the kexts were your forks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 72
I followed this lovely guide to get my NUC8 set up, and it's working ALMOST perfectly. Right now, my main issue is that iTunes won't play any content in HD without displaying an HDCP error.

I can work around this -- I mostly use kodi, and I'm sure I can remove DRMs if I try, but i'd like it to work naturally if possible.

Another thread suggested it might not be possible for NUC 8 to run iTunes HD, but I wanted to check and see if other people were having the same issues.

Thanks!

I followed this lovely guide to get my NUC8 set up, and it's working ALMOST perfectly. Right now, my main issue is that iTunes won't play any content in HD without displaying an HDCP error.

I can work around this -- I mostly use kodi, and I'm sure I can remove DRMs if I try, but i'd like it to work naturally if possible.

Another thread suggested it might not be possible for NUC 8 to run iTunes HD, but I wanted to check and see if other people were having the same issues.

Thanks!
I found this below which you may have already read...To watch Netflix I have to use Firefox or Chrome. Safari chokes and that’s pretty well documented. You might try a search outside this forum and see what anyone else has to say.

Hi RehabMan,

Please see attached clover directory. This is a clean install of current Mojave build on a NUC7i7BNH, which I have
had working with previous versions of Mojave.

Unfortunately the system freezes at OOBE.

View attachment 394500

As I can't get past this point, I've attached the Clover directory. All the kexts were your forks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rehabman is a busy dude...I can see you are missing the Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext in Kexts/ Other. See attached screen shot. You are going to need both and hopefully that gets you through install if you used his config.plist for an NUC7. Let us know!

Attachments

• Missing Driver and Kexts.png
    Missing Driver and Kexts.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
I just purchased a NUC7i5DNKE. First attempt to load resulted in “do not proceed” symbol. Before I do to much more troubleshooting, what BIOS should I have on this? It came with 53.
(I have successfully built NUC8i5 following this guide, wanting to build NUC7 with replaced Wifi/BT card for full macOS experience).

I've basically everything working in a NUC NUC8i7BEH with Bios 51 in a dual boot configuration.

I have one major annoying behaviour.
Basically everything work.
BUT when I boot into Windows 10 Pro and then I boot into MacOS I get a pink background visible since the login screen.
If I reboot into MacOS I continue to have a pink background.
BUT if I enter the Bios change NOTHING then save the Bios and boot into MacOS the pink background is gone.

So every time I switch from Windows to MacOS I have to enter the Bios save and exit and then boot MacOS.
Any idea how to solve this?
Thanks.
Hi do you have both accelerated graphics and on board audio working? Also what macOS is it Mojave? Would you mind sharing your setup?

I've got accelerated graphics and audio working but not BT. Using bios 56 and macOS 10.13.6. However when I view an image with preview the picture is distorted and after a couple of time the system crashes.

Thanks for any pointers.

I just purchased a NUC7i5DNKE. First attempt to load resulted in “do not proceed” symbol. Before I do to much more troubleshooting, what BIOS should I have on this? It came with 53.
(I have successfully built NUC8i5 following this guide, wanting to build NUC7 with replaced Wifi/BT card for full macOS experience).

Wish I knew, not familiar with the NUC7's. I haven’t seen any issues with bios versions in this forum on that model but who knows. My suggestion is boot with the Verbose option and see where it hangs. You'll get a better idea and can post a screen shot if needed.

Last edited:
Back