Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Thank you RehabMan for this guide! After returning a NUC8i5BEH2 not able to access BIOS despite using four different monitors I succeeded with a NUC7i5BEH and your guide. It is my second hackintosh and it was quite easy after overcoming the Intel-related BIOS-issues. This second hackintosh was a gift today for the fantastic grades my girls got in school on Friday. They are very happy too. So thank you again and big hugs from Germany!

Thanks for the positive report.

Anybody have any luck installing a M.2 (22x42 or 22x80) Wifi / Bluetooth card in a NUC8i5BEH (no mini PCIe Slot).

I find the Edimax USB adapter sloooooooow.
That's because it's not 100% supported in 10.14. It works, but not nearly as well as it does in 10.13 and below. This is a known issue for their Dev team. It also doesn't look like they're going to be releasing a new Mojave driver any time soon :-\

It's very easy to get rid of that icon. You do it in the BIOS :)

1. Upon boot press and hold the "F2" key on your keyboard to enter BIOS
  2. Navigate to Devices > Onboard Devices > SD Card = Disabled
Furthermore, go ahead and uncheck "Bluetooth" and "WLAN," as that will likely interfere with the [crappy] 802.11ac/Bluetooth 4.0 USB dongles out there (FYI, most of them don't support Mojave yet, but are fully supported in High Sierra)

Be sure to save the BIOS changes by pressing "F10" on your keyboard!

i have the new nuc8i7beh installing os el capitan. it got stuck on the first line --------------- or it just reboots on its own. I did follow specifically on the instructions here. Please help. See preboot.txt. I really want to make this work. Many Thanks.

Attachments

• preboot.txt
    24.2 KB · Views: 119
what is your definition of vanilla?
Fair enough, and honestly, don't know what the parameters would be, but from my recent learnings, it has to do with modifying system files vs. simply adding support files (kexts, etc), and modifying user accessible config files, thereby leaving the OS install intact.

On another note, I have a question about the SMBIOS. I have a serial number that shows up in system info, and in the RT variables in CC (not sure where it was generated, and I assume from the post install scripts) that is a unique SN (tested on the apple service site), however, when I load my config.plist into Clover Config., there are no entries other than Mac type in the SMBOIS section.

Now, here's the thing, everything works fine! BT, WiFi, airdrop, store, etc.

So do I need to follow a guide to populate the SMBIOS section, or should I leave well enough alone?

Back