Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

So my .plist/SMBIOS section is basically empty except for the model (currently 16,2). So two questions;

1) should I change the model based on my hardware (see sig)
2) What should I enter for a unique SN#? (it's currently blank)

Thanks

Read post #1. The answer to your question is there.

I'm getting constant crashes on my NUC8i5BEK. It seems to crash when I'm using image/video related things like looking through images and using teamviewer (or just have too many windows open.)

Is there some video kexts I'm missing? I thought I was thorough reading through the guide.

attached are some crash logs

You forgot to attach problem reporting files. Please read post #1.

how do you add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to drivers64UEFI, I was able to follow the guide up to this point

It is available from the Clover installer. Pay attention to the options available.

Thank you for this guide. This is my second hackintosh build and it has definitely been somewhat difficult, but it's a learning experience.

I know the details for the NUC8 are preliminary, but I had a quick question.

I was able to do nearly everything, but I'm having trouble at the post install phase.

The plist files. When I used the standard (post install) plist file my NUC boots up fine, but has a strange stretched resolution. The settings for this cannot be changed in screen settings. It's usable, internet works, still need to fix sound, but it's not pretty to look at.

When I use the designated (preliminary) NUC8 plist file, the NUC hangs on boot up. I get an apple logo and a very slow bar that seems to finish, but never boots to the desktop. I'm assuming that this is the plist file I need, since I'm using the NUC8, however...do I have to use it if it's giving me troubles with booting?

I will try to include more details later, as I'm at work right now and don't have access to pictures or code.

Any help would be much appreciated.

No help without problem reporting files. Read post #1.

Thanks @RehabMan for the guide !

I just can't get my 2 monitors working (two 1920x1080), one plugged in the HDMI port the other in the USB C port via a USB C to HDMI adapter. They both work on their own, but not together. During boot and in the BIOS, they both display the same thing. But the HDMI one shuts down once booted (I set the main display output to be thunderbolt in the BIOS). I tried plugging each one after boot, didnt work.
There are 2 config.plist files (one is named config_copy.plist so is inactive), the active one has an invalid ig-platform-id and framebuffer-patch-enable set to 1, thats the only difference.

I have the NUC8i7BEH with one 16GB stick of RAM

Any idea ?

Plug primary monitor in before booting. Hotplug second monitor (or just turn it on with already plugged in).

hi, @RehabMan, I follow you guide, and success Mojave on my nuc8 i7beh, but just install success, can not start.when installed over, my computer restarted, and I select "Boot OS X from MyPartition". it enters into start loading picture, and then, the computer restarted. I do not know how to find out the problem. so, do you have any idea? thanks for you help

hi, @RehabMan, I follow you guide, and success Mojave on my nuc8 i7beh, but just install success, can not start.when installed over, my computer restarted, and I select "Boot OS X from MyPartition". it enters into start loading picture, and then, the computer restarted. I do not know how to find out the problem. so, do you have any idea? thanks for you help

No idea. You failed to attach any "problem reporting" files.
Read post #1 carefully.

Hi, first of all thank you for all the work on this guide!

I am in the need of getting a new Mac for audio production purposes.
In the beginning I was thinking of buying the new 2018 Mac Mini but since there are a lot of reports of audio glitches and hiccups when using external Audio Interfaces I am not sure anymore. (This happens apparently because of apples new t2 chip which is used in multiple new macs). So now I am leaning towards going the NUC rout instead.

Before hitting they buy button though I would love to know if anybody is using the NUC Thunderbolt connection successfully with an external audio interface. (no hot swap needed since it would be connected all the time anyway)
I am using an RME Fireface 800 so I would have to use two dongles to convert Thunderbolt 3 to Firewire 800 (NUC -> StarTech.com Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt Adapter -> Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter -> Fireface 800)

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi, first of all thank you for all the work on this guide!

I am in the need of getting a new Mac for audio production purposes.
In the beginning I was thinking of buying the new 2018 Mac Mini but since there are a lot of reports of audio glitches and hiccups when using external Audio Interfaces I am not sure anymore. (This happens apparently because of apples new t2 chip which is used in multiple new macs). So now I am leaning towards going the NUC rout instead.

Before hitting they buy button though I would love to know if anybody is using the NUC Thunderbolt connection successfully with an external audio interface. (no hot swap needed since it would be connected all the time anyway)
I am using an RME Fireface 800 so I would have to use two dongles to convert Thunderbolt 3 to Firewire 800 (NUC -> StarTech.com Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt Adapter -> Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter -> Fireface 800)

Thank you!

I'm interested in the exact same thing, however with a TB2 interface. Will the TB3 to TB2 adapter work and does anyone have experience with hackintosh & Universal Audio interfaces?

Thanks!!

Thank you RehabMan for this guide! After returning a NUC8i5BEH2 not able to access BIOS despite using four different monitors I succeeded with a NUC7i5BEH and your guide. It is my second hackintosh and it was quite easy after overcoming the Intel-related BIOS-issues. This second hackintosh was a gift today for the fantastic grades my girls got in school on Friday. They are very happy too. So thank you again and big hugs from Germany!

Last edited:
Back