Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

audio only through hdmi?

@RehabMan - can you help with this? Myself and another poster in this long thread have been affected by this garbled screen issue waking from a long (4+ hours) sleep.

No idea without full description of the problem and PR files as requested in post #1.

I solve this problem - disable hibernate, stay only sleep

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

No surprise. Disabling hibernation is recommended in post #1.

Hi @rehaman Last two weeks, I have been struggling with the reboots while exporting clips from Final Cut Pro X. It seems it's actually related to the RAM, after replacing the Crucial DDR4 16GB * 1 with Kingston HyperX DDR4 2400 * 16, I can freshly install Mojave, export HEVC, H264 from both Compressor and Final Cut Pro X. So you may want to mention in the guide? So others won't fall into the same trap as I did. Thanks!

Best to follow Intel recommendations for RAM modules. Refer to Intel site.

Hi @RehabMan, thanks so much for doing this. First time attempting a hackintosh. Followed all the instructions and repeated whole process to make sure I hadn't missed something. Intel NUC8i5BEK.

I cannot get to a first boot of the target drive. macOS Mojave installs, reboots, installs Recovery, and then when I attempt to boot from target drive it attempts finishing installation and then crashes and reboots into Clover. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Try using invalid ig-platform-id.

Hi, my NUC8i5BEK is pretty loud, even when idling at 40 degrees. If it is turnt off for a while, it stays quit for a couple minutes after boot, but quickly gets loud again (about as loud as my Dell xps 13 at 80% fan speed). Is there any way to fix this, or is this normal? I already set the fan settings in the bios to quiet.

Tweak fan settings to your liking in BIOS.

I think I'm in compliance with the rules at this point... which leaves my question. The Clover boot screen comes up, but I don't know how to run the Mojave installer. It's there on my flash drive under "install_osx", but I don't know if Clover is supposed to run it automatically, or if I'm supposed to invoke it somehow. I have included the directory listing of the "CLOVER EFI" partition of my flash drive.

Read post #1 "Problem Reporting".

I tried your suggestion. After that, the Internet will no longer work on the device. Once I put it back to the original settings (automatic) it works, but with ethernet drop outs every few minutes. Any suggestions for a usb-wifi alternative? Wired internet is at this point unreliable.

Greetings
schlotterp

It does not appear you tried 100baseT manual.

Back