Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Been following this guide and it has been working great until I try to boot from the hard drive and reach the country selection screen, the mouse and keyboard will work for around 5 seconds and then it will freeze up and I'm unable to do anything. I have googled just about every thread regarding language screen freeze up and I haven't found a way out of this, the usual missing kext that would solve it USBInjectAll is already in my kexts/other folder. Keyboard/mouse worked normally during the previous installation steps and when booting into recovery.

Specs: NUC7i5BNH, 500GB Samsung 840 EVO, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2400

UPDATE: Fixed by booting into installer with safe mode, after running patch everything appears to be working fine and no more freezing.

Last edited:
You also leave UEFI boot enabled. I just finally got Mojave installed and stable. This guide was great but there were a few confusing things for the Nuc 8 users that took me a bit to figure out.

Curious if you have any trouble getting analog (headphone) sound output to work?

Firstly, thanks RehabMan for the awesome guide. I'm a total newbie with hackintosh, tried this on my Nuc8i7 for a couple of days almost given up.. Really need to read the guide and follow carefully.. Finally the third day trying got it up an running..

Question though had anyone tried using a dual monitor setup with two different monitors, one using HDMI and another using USB C to display port? I'm running a single monitor currently at 1080p using the USB-C to DP, thinking of getting a 4k monitor and run dual monitors. 4k will be using USB-C to DP and will put the 1080p on HDMI.

If it's not gonna work, I won't waste my money buying a 4k.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out why my installation wont boot up, it seems like there is something network related to it, but I'm not sure about what causes it.

I manage to install the files, but when I'm doing the third boot, where you're gonna configure macOS most likely, it shows me the Apple logo, the loading bar goes to the end, and then is stuck there. Nothing more happens. Tried a couple of reinstalls, same result.

View attachment 374460
(IP adress is masked, as it's an external IP)

Followed guide, copied the nessesary files (i think) and config.plist is replaced.

Specs: NUC8I5BEK, bios 0056, Samsung Evo 970 250GB NVME, Crucial Ballistix LT 2x8GB 2400mhz.

Anyone have an idea what can cause this? Added clover.zip with copy of the clover folder also, if that can help.

Would be very grateful for help/guidance!

Your kexts/Other is wrong. You don't even have FakeSMC.kext! Why do you think you can boot macOS without FakeSMC?

You also leave UEFI boot enabled. I just finally got Mojave installed and stable. This guide was great but there were a few confusing things for the Nuc 8 users that took me a bit to figure out.

Maybe you could write down your learnings for us OSX novices who own a NUC8 so we don't fall in the same traps.

Hello again @RehabMan ! I’ve been combing through this thread trying to find mention of Thunderbolt functionality on these Kaby/Coffee NUCs, but can’t seem to find any mention of it. Do we have Thunderbolt functionality on these models?? (The ones that have TB3 of course!)

Your kexts/Other is wrong. You don't even have FakeSMC.kext! Why do you think you can boot macOS without FakeSMC?
Thanks! I had a feeling i managed to overlook something, I have macOS installed and running fine now, but I have an issue with post-config.

I'm failing in terminal, at ./install_downloads.sh, it tries to copy to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER, do I manually have to copy over this from the USB I made, or should this go automatically trough the post-installation?

Screenshot 2018-12-23 at 12.52.31.png

Trying to learn, figure out and understand Hackintosh, would be grateful for any help! :)

Clover Options -> Graphics...

Hey,

Thanks found it in the end. But I have put it in the FakeID & the ig-platform-id. I have tried putting in both, and one in each. I have checked Inject Intel Graphics and tried it again. It still does the same thing. Gets to the point where you need to put in the country and reboots.

Thanks,

Andy

Back