Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

rehabman ,could you do an explanation about what you
did about SSDT and didn’t on Dosown nuc ? I want to learn how to edit dsdt and dsdt? Will it be hard ? Thanks.

Run macOS install ( 2 minutes left : crash - freezes and does not respond anymore to keyboard and mouse)

You probably forgot EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in drivers64UEFI.

For the NUC8, if you have to enable legacy boot do you also disable UEFI boot? Or not?

For the NUC8, if you have to enable legacy boot do you also disable UEFI boot? Or not?

You also leave UEFI boot enabled. I just finally got Mojave installed and stable. This guide was great but there were a few confusing things for the Nuc 8 users that took me a bit to figure out.

Hey guys,

I am currently using a NUC8I5BEK, 16GB DDR4, 500GB M.2 SSD I have got it to the point where I have installed Mojave and I go into clover using the boot from drive instead of USB. It will then go to the point where it asks for the country I am in to set up the login profile. About 10 seconds after I get onto this page to select my country the NUC reboots. I have enabled vectors and don't restart on panic but because it's passed the point it shows me the output on screen I am unsure of the error. Would anyone have any recommendations for this?

Thanks,

Andy

It will then go to the point where it asks for the country I am in to set up the login profile. About 10 seconds after I get onto this page to select my country the NUC reboots.

When booting, in clover options you need to go to Graphics Injection and change the ID to 0x12345678. Do this every time you boot until you've gotten it installed and run all of RehabMan's scripts from git.

RehabMan you should probably add this to the Nuc8 issues list or change the install8 boot.plist (if possible) to reflect this.

Last edited:
When booting, in clover options you need to go to Graphics Injection and change the ID to 0x12345678. Do this every time you boot until you've gotten it installed and run all of RehabMan's scripts from git.

RehabMan you should probably add this to the Nuc8 issues list or change the install8 boot.plist (if possible) to reflect this.

Stupid question. Can I do this when in the Clover boot menu?

Andy

I'm trying to figure out why my installation wont boot up, it seems like there is something network related to it, but I'm not sure about what causes it.

I manage to install the files, but when I'm doing the third boot, where you're gonna configure macOS most likely, it shows me the Apple logo, the loading bar goes to the end, and then is stuck there. Nothing more happens. Tried a couple of reinstalls, same result.

IMG_0538.jpg
(IP adress is masked, as it's an external IP)

Followed guide, copied the nessesary files (i think) and config.plist is replaced.

Specs: NUC8I5BEK, bios 0056, Samsung Evo 970 250GB NVME, Crucial Ballistix LT 2x8GB 2400mhz.

Anyone have an idea what can cause this? Added clover.zip with copy of the clover folder also, if that can help.

Would be very grateful for help/guidance!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Back