Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

So I bought a new lid for my NUC8i5BEH with two USB 2 ports in it connected to the internal USB headers. Works fine in Windows but dead in 10.14.6. I presume this is due to the USB port limit in OSX, is this correct?

Those headers will work in OSX. If you used USBInjectall.kext by itself, without a specific SSDT file in ACPI/ Patched to define USB ports, I think they would show but you would probably end up with sleep/ wake and other possible issues. Those headers were identified earlier in this thread by users wanting to install an internal wifi/bluetooth M2 card. See pic below from page 59 I think.

Meanwhile you can create your own custom DSDT file that includes those headers, there are a few ways. There was also a tutorial written about how to use Hackintool to create a custom USB kext for your specific machine that would solve your issues in a similar way (it creates a custom kext to replace USBinjectall.kext) Search for it in that thread.
Internal USB Header Ports.png

Last edited:
Hello,

I got a problem installing my nuc7i3bnh (8GB Ram - one stick and 200GB 2,5"SSD). I created the Clover UEFI Stick using the linked guide by RehabMan, OSX Version 10.14.5.
When I boot the Nuc Clover starts and gives me the option "Boot macOS Install from install_osx". When I hit enter the screen gets black and the Nuc reboots back into Clover. I attached a picture showing the output using verbose and dont reboot on panic.
As stated in the FAQ I also attached my Clover Folder from the USB stick.

Can anyone give me a hint what is happening here and how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3565.jpg
    IMG_3565.jpg
    650.1 KB · Views: 68
Hello,

I got a problem installing my nuc7i3bnh (8GB Ram - one stick and 200GB 2,5"SSD). I created the Clover UEFI Stick using the linked guide by RehabMan, OSX Version 10.14.5.
When I boot the Nuc Clover starts and gives me the option "Boot macOS Install from install_osx". When I hit enter the screen gets black and the Nuc reboots back into Clover. I attached a picture showing the output using verbose and dont reboot on panic.
As stated in the FAQ I also attached my Clover Folder from the USB stick.

Can anyone give me a hint what is happening here and how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.
missing AptioMemoryFix in drivers64UEFI folder

Hi,

I have an Intel NUC NUC8i5BEH i5.
Installed Mojave 10.14.5
Everything works...BUT AUDIO ALC that through the Jack has a terrible quality sound. I mean it cracks and it's impossible to listen to.
In other words:
- AudioALC works with ok quality through HDMI
- AudioALC works with very bad quality through Headphone jack.

I'm using Rehabman SSDT and config.plist too
Latest Clover 4971 and drivers.
I've added the EFI with deleted sn.

Same issue using the EFI folder at Post #903

If I use VoodooHDA.kext I get a better sound quality but HDMI sound doesn't work.

Any idea how to fix the issue?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I just successfully booted into my NUC8i7BEH Nucintosh (Samsung 970 EVO Plus with latest firmware).
I didnt have much time to try it out yet, but will report back here in case of problems.

I used the EFI folder linked to the famous post #903, and it worked perfectly.
Made my USB stick using the manual process however, since the stick that I created using Unibeast was not detected as bootable device (I am fairly certain that I did something wrong there)

One question I would have: After following the holy post #903, do I still need to perform post processing steps as indicated in post #1 (besides ofcourse installing Clover to SSD)

@Leesureone: I am incredible grateful for your hard work to make this all possible

To new users trying to load Mojave on an NUC8x please be aware this guide is no longer being maintained.
With recent bios updates being pushed out by Intel above version 56 as well as updates by Apple to Mojave beyond 14.2 the guide has become outdated and no longer works as is.

Two additional things are needed at a minimum to be able to reach the Mojave install window.

1. An updated version of the Clover bootloader must be installed, I suggest version 4290 or higher, although slightly older versions will probably work but have not been tested. Rehabman’s version available through the terminal commands in his original guide on Github will cause the installer to halt.

2. An updated config.plist containing an ACPI/DSDT/Patch for an RTC issue that will also cause the installer to stall if your bios is a version higher than 56

***Some users are also apparently unaware that their Samsung 970 EVO plus SSD will also cause install failure if the firmware is not updated first. Visit the Samsung Website for instructions on how to create a bootable USB drive for firmware updates.

The attached EFI folder has all of the above as well as some fixes for onboard Audio and USB C functionality.

If you decide to use it it’s as simple as creating a bootable USB drive using UniBeast and then replacing the EFI folder with the attached.

Once Mojave install is complete and you have then installed an updated version of Clover to your hard drive replace the EFI folder on your hard drive with the same attached folder to finish the job. Afterwards I highly suggest you use Clover Configurator to create a unique serial number (although “continuity” is not an issue unless you have gone the route of adding a Wireless/ Bluetooth card in the one available M2 slot with the appropriate adapter mentioned in various NUC posts). Cheers
Updated EFI with Clover Version 4945
Hmm just wanna say thank you for this IMPORTANT piece of info, without it god knows what to do. I ve been stuck for so long by following the instructions by op and rehab.
I have a few questions about post-installation though, if you dont mind:
1. Is the combo of osx + ur efi config safe to run system update ?
2. Is ur combo safe to run imes, icloud or should i config clover to get a new serial numb ?
3. There are lots of members that have contacted you saying they have successfully achieved other functionalities that rehabman wasnt able to achieve, would you consider compiling a proper EFI config that would include some/all functionalities?
Sr for asking all of this but I really dont want to risk trying stuff that would lead to error.

I just successfully booted into my NUC8i7BEH Nucintosh (Samsung 970 EVO Plus with latest firmware).
I didnt have much time to try it out yet, but will report back here in case of problems.

I used the EFI folder linked to the famous post #903, and it worked perfectly.
Made my USB stick using the manual process however, since the stick that I created using Unibeast was not detected as bootable device (I am fairly certain that I did something wrong there)

One question I would have: After following the holy post #903, do I still need to perform post processing steps as indicated in post #1 (besides ofcourse installing Clover to SSD)

@Leesureone: I am incredible grateful for your hard work to make this all possible
First off, thank you! After install to your hard drive all you should have to do is mount the EFI partition on it (there are terminal commands for it, clover configurator can do that for you as will an app called EFI Mounter available on this site) From there copy the same EFI Folder from your boot drive to the hard disk and reboot from the hard drive. If you have issues and it won't boot then install Clover to the hard drive and then replace the EFI Folder.

Hmm just wanna say thank you for this IMPORTANT piece of info, without it god knows what to do. I ve been stuck for so long by following the instructions by op and rehab.
I have a few questions about post-installation though, if you dont mind:
1. Is the combo of osx + ur efi config safe to run system update ?
2. Is ur combo safe to run imes, icloud or should i config clover to get a new serial numb ?
3. There are lots of members that have contacted you saying they have successfully achieved other functionalities that rehabman wasnt able to achieve, would you consider compiling a proper EFI config that would include some/all functionalities?
Sr for asking all of this but I really dont want to risk trying stuff that would lead to error.
1. Yes
2. Generate a new serial number
3. I'm not sure what other functionality you are referring too. As far as I know Rehabman had everything working and I just followed his guide until bios updates and changes in Mojave prompted us here in the forum to figure out how to work with this changes. I can't really take credit for any of it, just here to help.

Hi,

I have an Intel NUC NUC8i5BEH i5.
Installed Mojave 10.14.5
Everything works...BUT AUDIO ALC that through the Jack has a terrible quality sound. I mean it cracks and it's impossible to listen to.
In other words:
- AudioALC works with ok quality through HDMI
- AudioALC works with very bad quality through Headphone jack.

I'm using Rehabman SSDT and config.plist too
Latest Clover 4971 and drivers.
I've added the EFI with deleted sn.

Same issue using the EFI folder at Post #903

If I use VoodooHDA.kext I get a better sound quality but HDMI sound doesn't work.

Any idea how to fix the issue?
Hey @zzmadd. A couple of things to think about, I believe HDMI audio is available through FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kexts. I would also add CodecCommander.kext (see screen shot). Additionally I recommend you move your kexts from 10.14 to the "Other" folder.

I also noticed your config.plist could use some changes in Devices/ Audio. In the second screen shot your config.plist is on the left, mine is on the right. Notice the difference showing Audio Inject Number 11. I use Xcode to edit and that's what that screen shots is from. My whole EFI Folder is in this thread in post number 903 if that is easier, it should work for you.

Kexts for HDMI audio.png

Config.plist Audio Comparison.png

Back