Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

@Leesureone thanks for supporting this thread.
Had many glitches and random reboots following the main guide but replacing my EFI folder with the one
you provided it just solved the issue it seems.
(NUC8i7BEH with Samsung evo 970 plus with upgraded firmware)

unfortunately I still get some screen glitches (mostly green frames) on my NUC8i7BEH with Samsung evo 970 plus with upgraded firmware
On the bright side I have no random reboots

My screen is a 4k one so I am pretty sure that is the reason why.
is there any known solution for 4k monitors?

Attachments

• debug_17287.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 66
unfortunately I still get some screen glitches (mostly green frames) on my NUC8i7BEH with Samsung evo 970 plus with upgraded firmware
On the bright side I have no random reboots

My screen is a 4k one so I am pretty sure that is the reason why.
is there any known solution for 4k monitors?
I would check other forums being its really off topic and specific to your peripherals. Hackintool available on this site can help with graphics configuration but its designed as a self help tool.

I have 79 bios. Installed last Clover. I do not use ssdt tables. Just a small change in the standard config.plist and put the necessary kexts
Off topic, I tried your config file (of course with a unstable result and randomly crashes). But you have managed to get the internal mics running, which is a surprise to me. I looked at the settings you have set under devices but with my configured configuration file (adapted to yours, injection 11 and so on) I was not successful. I also looked closely at your kext files but wasn’t lucky to get the mics running on my setup like they worked on yours.

Greetings
schlotterp
I don't have an NUC7 to test on and so can't really comment.

Hello Guys. I really need some help. I bought a NUC7i5BNHX. I have updated the firmware to the latest 79. I am trying to install Mojave 10.14.5. I have created a bootable USB by both using the original guide and by using UniBeast. I have used both @Leesureone and @Sevift EFI configurations. Those did not work. In both cases I get to the apple logo showing (after choosing to install MacOS from the clover booth menu), starting to load and then it gives me the error sign. I am not sure what to do now.

I have the 970 Evo Plus in the Nook. I have not updated its firmware since I am not sure how to do that. I tried with UnetBooth but it didn't work.

Can you please give me some advice?

Hello Guys. I really need some help. I bought a NUC7i5BNHX. I have updated the firmware to the latest 79. I am trying to install Mojave 10.14.5. I have created a bootable USB by both using the original guide and by using UniBeast. I have used both @Leesureone and @Sevift EFI configurations. Those did not work. In both cases I get to the apple logo showing (after choosing to install MacOS from the clover booth menu), starting to load and then it gives me the error sign. I am not sure what to do now.

I have the 970 Evo Plus in the Nook. I have not updated its firmware since I am not sure how to do that. I tried with UnetBooth but it didn't work.

Can you please give me some advice?

Hello guys. I managed to update the firmware of the SSD (at least i believe so. I booted into the USB, got the samsung update screen and just pressed y to go next. I cannot check the current version).

After I did that (and also put the USB stick in the 2.0 slot. The 3 does not work.) I finally manager to get to the install screen of MacOS. However when I go forware I do not see the samsung ssd to install to. I just see the two partiotions of the USB drive. I can see the SSD in bios though. Any ideas?

Sorry about that. I used the disk utility to format the drive. MacOS is now installing.

Hello guys. Sorry for the many comments. I got through the installation and I now see multiple options in clover before booting. I tried choosing boot macOS from (the nuc). The firs time it went all the way to 100% and I got a green screen. Then I restarted and now I just get to 50% of the load bar and can't go forward. Am I doing something wrong? Should I choose another option like boot filevault?

Update:

I have tried installing again. After the install goes through and i choose boot MacOS from (the nuc) I get to like 70 percent of the loading bar after which point the display turns off (no longer detects the nuc even though it still works) and I can't see what happens. If I restart and choose boot macos I get back to being stuck at 50% of the loading bar.

Update:

I managed to install and boot into MacOS. I have coppied the EFI folder and I can now boot without the USB. However I do not have internet connection. I have connected using the Ethernet cable and in settings it says connected but I can't open any websites. I have tried installing a new IntelMausiEthernet kext but this didn't solve the problem.

Also I have tried installing Clover after MacOS was installed but nothing happened. I cannot see it in the applications.

Update:

I used a usb dongle for wi-fi so now I have internet. However, the NUC restarts randomly every few minutes. It then works as normal but it keeps restarting. Anything I can do?

I also cannot use all the USBs at the same time. I can probably fix it with a kext but since installing clover doesn't do anything I cannot boot the EFI partition.

Last edited:
It might not make a difference but when was the last time you updated Clover or Whatevergreen.kext?

I updated Clover for 12.14.3 but never whatevergreen.kext. Maybe the latter is the issue? Dumb question but where do I get an updated whatevergreen.kext?

Dumb question but where do I get an updated whatevergreen.kext?

Does anyone get random green flash when using HDMI ports between a 4K60Hz UHD4K2K Acer screen and NUC8iBEH ?
i'm running 10.14.5 everything ok (in 1920x1080 on a FHD Dell screen).
Before spending money in a USB C / ThunderBolt 3 -> Display port adpater i would take some feedback on that septup.

Back