Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hi, I have a boxnuc8i7beh1, got almost everything working, but when I put it to sleep, it will wake up but itself after a couple of seconds to the login screen. I will attach my debug file, and if anyone need the clove for this particular model, it's in the package too. I used my EFI folder for both installation and use, works fine.

Works: audio, microphone, audio over HDMI, restart, shutdown, intel iris 665
not working: sleep, on-board bluetooth loads but won't work.

one more question, I have a sata ssd in this build, does the m.2 slot take a wifi module? I got a bcm94360cs2 and B+M M.2 adapter but my windows and osx don't see it, does this build allow this set up? or my card is bad?

I am the same machine, sata 860 256g ssd, bcm94360cs2 and B+M M.2 , wifi work well, but the bluetooth no work,
airdrop sometimes work, and the system some times, can not start up..

Hey guys,

first of all, thanks for this site and the community.

It’s really helpful to get started with hackintoshing.

I just ordered a Intel NUC8i5BEH to built a Mini-Windows PC and saw a guy who built a Hackintosh with it.
I immediately fell in love and decided to go with a hackintosh instead.

I’ve read quite a lot about hackintoshing, but I still have a few questions.

I know that the onboard WiFi and Bluetooth on the NUC8i5BEH won’t work with macOS Mojave.
But allot of the MacOS features that are tied to WiFi and Bluetooth, are important to me.

For example:
- Hand-off
- Continuity
- iMessage (maybe not tied to Bluetooth and WiFi?)
- AirDrop
- Unlock with Apple Watch
- etc.

I’m going to add a
- Samsung EVO 860 SATA III 2.5 and will not use a m.2 SSD

Can I use a m.2 WiFi and Bluetooth card for OOB functionality for the above mentioned features?

If yes which one should I get from this guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide.242423/ —> Has anyone already done that?

I tried to search for an answer but didn’t find one, so I’m sorry in advance if this question was already answered.

I’m thankful for every answer.

I have the same demand , I have the nuc8i7,sansumg 860 sata 256g. BCM943 with m2 card.
the wifi work well now, bluetooth also need to fix now.

Update 2019-02-02

The BIOS parameter Display Emulation set to "Persistent Display Emulation" has fixed my issue.
Since I changed this parameter my monitor wake behaves correctly, I hope it stays that way :)

Initial Post

Hi,

I followed this guide to install Mojave on my NUC7 Dawson Canyon.
Almost everything works ! I've swapped the original Intel WiFi Card with a Broadcom one (same reference than the one given in this guide) and I managed to get Wifi and BT working with the Kext and patch provided in this guide :)

The only problem is the monitor wake (see picture attached).
Workaround found is to change to the second HDMI port (Dawson Canyon has 2 HDMI port) but it does not always work.

Any idea how to fix this ? My monitor is an HP 24es running in 1920 x 1280.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I've attached to the post the result of the debug script found on this forum, I pressed F2 + F4 at boot before collecting files. Hope I made it right.

Attachments

• debug_21061.zip
    3 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1112.jpeg
    IMG_1112.jpeg
    8.5 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Hi,

I followed this guide to install Mojave on my NUC7 Dawson Canyon.
Almost everything works ! I've swapped the original Intel WiFi Card with a Broadcom one (same reference than the one given in this guide) and I managed to get Wifi and BT working with the Kext and patch provided in this guide :)

The only problem is the monitor wake (see picture attached).
Workaround found is to change to the second HDMI port (Dawson Canyon has 2 HDMI port) but it does not always work.

Any idea how to fix this ? My monitor is an HP 24es running in 1920 x 1280.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I've attached to the post the result of the debug script found on this forum, I pressed F2 + F4 at boot before collecting files. Hope I made it right.

So which port are you using? The secure HDMI or the regular one? I'm using the "regular" port. (I haven't actually tried the other one.)

Do you have Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext installed? (see post #1)

I think IntelGraphicsFixup gets installed by default, but Lilu needs to be installed.

I have the same unit, and its working fine.

Thank you for this guide. This is my second hackintosh build and it has definitely been somewhat difficult, but it's a learning experience.

I know the details for the NUC8 are preliminary, but I had a quick question.

I was able to do nearly everything, but I'm having trouble at the post install phase.

The plist files. When I used the standard (post install) plist file my NUC boots up fine, but has a strange stretched resolution. The settings for this cannot be changed in screen settings. It's usable, internet works, still need to fix sound, but it's not pretty to look at.

When I use the designated (preliminary) NUC8 plist file, the NUC hangs on boot up. I get an apple logo and a very slow bar that seems to finish, but never boots to the desktop. I'm assuming that this is the plist file I need, since I'm using the NUC8, however...do I have to use it if it's giving me troubles with booting?

I will try to include more details later, as I'm at work right now and don't have access to pictures or code.

Any help would be much appreciated.

So which port are you using? The secure HDMI or the regular one? I'm using the "regular" port. (I haven't actually tried the other one.)

Do you have Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext installed? (see post #1)

I think IntelGraphicsFixup gets installed by default, but Lilu needs to be installed.

I have the same unit, and its working fine.

Hi, thanks for your answer.

Both HDMI ports are working, only wake from monitor sleep is an issue. I'm currently using the one with secured UHD written above.

Regarding kexts installed, I'm using Lilu with WhateverGreen
(if I'm not mistaken this one has replaced IntelGraphicsFixup.kext)

I'm now following this guide to see if there is something to be done to framebuffer, will update my post if I manage to find a solution to my sleep/wake monitor problem.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ching-guide-hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/

Thank you for this guide. This is my second hackintosh build and it has definitely been somewhat difficult, but it's a learning experience.

I know the details for the NUC8 are preliminary, but I had a quick question.

I was able to do nearly everything, but I'm having trouble at the post install phase.

The plist files. When I used the standard (post install) plist file my NUC boots up fine, but has a strange stretched resolution. The settings for this cannot be changed in screen settings. It's usable, internet works, still need to fix sound, but it's not pretty to look at.

When I use the designated (preliminary) NUC8 plist file, the NUC hangs on boot up. I get an apple logo and a very slow bar that seems to finish, but never boots to the desktop. I'm assuming that this is the plist file I need, since I'm using the NUC8, however...do I have to use it if it's giving me troubles with booting?

I will try to include more details later, as I'm at work right now and don't have access to pictures or code.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Quick update. The final config.plist fixed my problems.

I now have a pretty successful build on the NUC8! Even fixed the audio.

There are just a few noticable problems persisting that I need to troubleshoot:

-No audio from headphone jack
-Adobe After Effects and Premiere causing crash when video is imported. (Very urgent)
-Screen Scaling not saving post reboot. Everything is stretched. The correct setting stays, but I have to reselect in order to apply it.

I'm very happy that the build is coming along. As always, any advice appreciated.

Last edited:
Quick update. The final config.plist fixed my problems.

I now have a pretty successful build on the NUC8! Even fixed the audio.

There are just a few noticable problems persisting that I need to troubleshoot:

-No audio from headphone jack
-Adobe After Effects and Premiere causing crash when video is imported. (Very urgent)
-Screen Scaling not saving post reboot. Everything is stretched. The correct setting stays, but I have to reselect in order to apply it.

I'm very happy that the build is coming along. As always, any advice appreciated.

I am having some of the issue with NUC8i7BEH, I have tried different config.plist found @ https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-NUC-DSDT-Patch, it randomly reboots or the progress bar is stuck at full and does not go anywhere.

Could you please attach a ZIP file with all the kext and config you used for your successful build please?

Thanks

I am having some of the issue with NUC8i7BEH, I have tried different config.plist found @ https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-NUC-DSDT-Patch, it randomly reboots or the progress bar is stuck at full and does not go anywhere.

Could you please attach a ZIP file with all the kext and config you used for your successful build please?

Thanks

I am randomly reboots too , when I use the Preview to open a photo, the photo looks broken pixel .(but the safari open the same photo is well)

Attachments

• jcror_efi.zip
    23.1 MB · Views: 96
Back