Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Having a heck of a time. I built the Clover installer per instructions. But after formatting the main drive and hitting the Install MacOS option, it will advance to approx. 2 min remaining, the cooling fan speeds up, and the unit reboots. (This is all phase 1 install)

On the Clover menu, it then displays 2 options; the boot from Clover (default), and a new entry boot from installer. Selecting that option just goes into, what I assume is phase 2, but it reboots there too.

Not sure where to go from here, and not sure what screen shots to provide. Any guidance appreciated.

Edit: Attached is my EFI Clover folder.

Edit #2:
OK, well, I guess I didn't know what to expect with all the reboots, but it worked. I am run-in High Sierra, booting off HD, All looks to be working.

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
The part where Mojave installs . . .

Your hardware details in your profile as per the rules.
Link to profile

I think I'm in compliance with the rules at this point... which leaves my question. The Clover boot screen comes up, but I don't know how to run the Mojave installer. It's there on my flash drive under "install_osx", but I don't know if Clover is supposed to run it automatically, or if I'm supposed to invoke it somehow. I have included the directory listing of the "CLOVER EFI" partition of my flash drive.

Attachments

• cloverlist.txt
    38.6 KB · Views: 99
Hello Guys. I was banned for some reason. I want to report back that M2 aircard does work with an adapter. I have idrop working. Now i was not able to make bluetooth work but did not spend much time but wifi works no issues and i have usb bluetooth that is natively supported so that does not matter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-6Pin-Wireless-WiFi-Bluetooth-Card-to-NGFF-M-2-Key-Adapter-for-Mac-OS/202473044545?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MacBook-Ai...387375?hash=item3d0905e92f:g:iJgAAOSwgotcBbxe

Thank you Rehabman for making this Hackintosh build and upkeep so remarkable!!!
NUC8i7BEH
I do have a couple of questions before I waist anyones time. I have a Qnap thunderbolt 3 to 10GbaseE adapter. When I boot to windows 10 it is picked up and works well. When I boot to OSX 10.14.2 it gets power but nothing else, and I don't show anything for thunderbolt device tree in System Report like I do on my 2018 Mac Mini. Should I? Is thunderbolt not working yet? I used Rehabman's install guide and keep running the scripts looking for updates to be installed to see if that makes any changes.
If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I can also do testing with a few devices.
Rehabman, if you want to pursue this I'm more than happy to send attachments. I would really like to have this working.
Cheers

Last edited:
@RehabMan I just wanted to say thank you very much for your work.

I followed your guide for the NUC7I7DNHE (the taller variant of the DNKE). Everything works!!!

I swapped the Intel wifi card with a BCM94352Z (fenvi dw1560) bought from a Chinese reseller and it works like a charm with the kexts that are already included in the repo.

I even got Continuity and Handoff working flawlessly, even the Continuity camera feature!
If someone is interested, the only thing that I had to add was the boot argument: "brcmfx-country=XX" and set it with my country code.

Best of luck to anyone that tries this build and just follow the guide step by step.

Best Regards!

Edit: All working now.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

first of all, thanks for this site and the community.

It’s really helpful to get started with hackintoshing.

I just ordered a Intel NUC8i5BEH to built a Mini-Windows PC and saw a guy who built a Hackintosh with it.
I immediately fell in love and decided to go with a hackintosh instead.

I’ve read quite a lot about hackintoshing, but I still have a few questions.

I know that the onboard WiFi and Bluetooth on the NUC8i5BEH won’t work with macOS Mojave.
But allot of the MacOS features that are tied to WiFi and Bluetooth, are important to me.

For example:
- Hand-off
- Continuity
- iMessage (maybe not tied to Bluetooth and WiFi?)
- AirDrop
- Unlock with Apple Watch
- etc.

I’m going to add a
- Samsung EVO 860 SATA III 2.5 and will not use a m.2 SSD

Can I use a m.2 WiFi and Bluetooth card for OOB functionality for the above mentioned features?

If yes which one should I get from this guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide.242423/ —> Has anyone already done that?

I tried to search for an answer but didn’t find one, so I’m sorry in advance if this question was already answered.

I’m thankful for every answer.

Use 1000baseT connection instead. Or you could try setting manual settings to 100baseT.

I tried your suggestion. After that, the Internet will no longer work on the device. Once I put it back to the original settings (automatic) it works, but with ethernet drop outs every few minutes. Any suggestions for a usb-wifi alternative? Wired internet is at this point unreliable.

Greetings
schlotterp

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-19 um 10.14.41.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-19 um 10.14.41.png
    449.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-19 um 10.15.12.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-19 um 10.15.12.png
    507.6 KB · Views: 113
Makes me believe it is a hardware issue or something is not set correctly in BIOS. You might try loading defaults in the BIOS and making the changes in post #1. If it still doesn't work in Windows (after installing all drivers) then you probably have faulty hardware.
hi,
usb c is working fine. look at the capture .Sorry it's in french, my external drive ( silverdrive U3C) is working great
at 10 GB/s
thank u guys, after resetting the bios settings and unplug&replug the dc power, dp ports works fine now.

Will my WiFi work?

Back