Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Question about wiring. If I was to bypass my internal usb headers and connect the adapter to an external USB could I just wire the Data Pos and Neg and not the Ground and 5v?

I think I have figured out the wires.

The adapter is: Red=5v Black=Data- Yellow=Data+ White=Ground (This was confirmed by the seller).

A male USB is: Red=5v White=Data- Green=Data+ Black=Ground (provided by internet.)

So I could cut off the 4pin connector on the adapter and just twist the White-Black and Yellow-Green together. This would be a way to test if it's my internal USB headers.

Last edited:
Question about wiring. If I was to bypass my internal usb headers and connect the adapter to an external USB could I just wire the Data Pos and Neg and not the Ground and 5v?

I think I have figured out the wires.

The adapter is: Red=5v Black=Data- Yellow=Data+ White=Ground (This was confirmed by the seller).

A male USB is: Red=5v White=Data- Green=Data+ Black=Ground (provided by internet.)

So I could cut off the 4pin connector on the adapter and just twist the White-Black and Yellow-Green together. This would be a way to test if it's my internal USB headers.
Sounds right, the wires are just differently color coded on the adapter than the standard USB wiring.

Hi,
my nuc was running perfectly fine until I tried to update to OC7,8
Now it won't boot up it get stuck at this step.
do you know how to fix it?
IMG_0475.jpg

Hi,
my nuc was running perfectly fine until I tried to update to OC7,8
Now it won't boot up it get stuck at this step.
do you know how to fix it?
I had the same exact problem just a few hours back, forgot to post about it, I switched back to 7.7 and it works fine.

Yeah, you right that I am going through a lot but it wasn't supposed to be this hard. I bought all the parts recommended by all the guides yet it doesn't work. I guess I just don't give up that easily.

I was looking forward to no only the continuity features but Universal Control coming next week.

Thank you again for assisting me. I think I will just keep trying to contact the seller (it's aliexpress so I am not expecting much) and give up for now. If I do manage to get another refund I might try a totally different adapter. Maybe the one used in that link you sent me. They one with just a red and black wire running to the USB header.
have you deactivated the onboard BT card in Bios?
Did you remove it also from usbports kext ? it think I had to do it

yes 7,7 is working fine but no luck with 7,8
Version 7.9 below using the onboard intel wireless bluetooth card
have you deactivated the onboard BT card in Bios?
Did you remove it also from usbports kext ? it think I had to do it
He said in one of his posts he had.

Attachments

• NUC8i7OC7.9EFI .zip
    33.6 MB · Views: 34

OC: Failed to find SB model disable halting on critical error​

This is a typo, ensure that in your config.plist Misc -> Security -> SecureBootModel is set to Disabled

EDIT: I copied and pasted the error message results from the Dortania guide, I am able to boot fine with the SecureBootModel set as default and so that's how it written and uploaded on page 89. But looks like you will need to change it to be able to boot.

Error message is a bit different now I think but still not booting after changing securebootmodel

Attachments

• D2F8C183-2642-407A-AD90-4DC2533A8C47.jpeg
    D2F8C183-2642-407A-AD90-4DC2533A8C47.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 29
Back