Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

That adapter with the cable soldered on is a lot easier than what we used to have to do. What port is your adapter bluetooth on then? Did you take my advice and download IORegistryExplorer?

Bluetooth just will not work if the USB port it wants to use isn't mapped correctly, wireless will but BT needs USB to function.
At work now but I will load up IORegistryExplorer this afternoon and report back. I have the adapter plugged into the header closest to the inside of the motherboard.

At work now but I will load up IORegistryExplorer this afternoon and report back. I have the adapter plugged into the header closest to the inside of the motherboard.
I found your friend on Github, since you are using his EFI folder have you thought about asking him for help there?

I found your friend on Github, since you are using his EFI folder have you thought about asking him for help there?
I am asking him. He is also stumped. Our back and forth is in the closed issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am asking him. He is also stumped. Our back and forth is in the closed issues.
Gotcha, one thing we have seen here is one persons usb configuration will not always work for someone else even with the same hardware. Might not be your issue but it sure sounds like it

Gotcha, one thing we have seen here is one persons usb configuration will not always work for someone else even with the same hardware. Might not be your issue but it sure sounds like it
I see. I will take your advice and run IORegistryExplorer and post a screenshot here. :thumbup:

Here it is.

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 1.11.15 PM.png

Zearp says in his guide that the Intel card used to be HS10 but he changed it to HS07 in the latest release.

Last edited:
I see. I will take your advice and run IORegistryExplorer and post a screenshot here. :thumbup:

Here it is.

View attachment 543525

Zearp says in his guide that the Intel card used to be HS10 but he changed it to HS07 in the latest release.
In IORegistryExplorer HS04 shows that your wireless card is attached to that port, I assume that is also your bluetooth card. In your Hackintool screen shot it shows a USB Hub so I think its safe to say your USBport.kext has a conflict. You can try changing that port to internal and see if it helps but honestly I think it is going to take a deeper dive to sort out. I would start from scratch and try to create your own USBPort.kext. How familiar are you with that process?
Also if you have the internal card disabled it should not show.

In IORegistryExplorer HS04 shows that your wireless card is attached to that port, I assume that is also your bluetooth card. In your Hackintool screen shot it shows a USB Hub so I think its safe to say your USBport.kext has a conflict. You can try changing that port to internal and see if it helps but honestly I think it is going to take a deeper dive to sort out. I would start from scratch and try to create your own USBPort.kext. How familiar are you with that process?
Also if you have the internal card disabled it should not show.
That is actually my wireless mouse receiver in HS04. I know because I moved it around to identify each USB. HS01 and HS02 are my two USB 3.0 ports on the back, HS03 and HS04 are the two on the front. If I turn my Intel Wireless card back on in the BIOS it occupies HS07. I wish I could get on of those USB to 4pin 1.25 pitch cables to test my internal headers but I am located in Japan and shipping is like three times the cost of the cable.

I wonder if I could build one of these myself?
item1537.jpg

I am reading up on USB mapping on the Dortania site.

That is actually my wireless mouse receiver in HS04. I know because I moved it around to identify each USB. HS01 and HS02 are my two USB 3.0 ports on the back, HS03 and HS04 are the two on the front. If I turn my Intel Wireless card back on in the BIOS it occupies HS07. I wish I could get on of those USB to 4pin 1.25 pitch cables to test my internal headers but I am located in Japan and shipping is like three times the cost of the cable.

View attachment 543557

Probably, you’d need help with which wire goes where. You wouldn’t have to solder the connections , just twist them together and insulate them but I would.
How important are all the continuity features to you? Seems like you are going through hell by not taking advantage the onboard Intel chip.

View attachment 543557

Check this out

Probably, you’d need help with which wire goes where. You wouldn’t have to solder the connections , just twist them together and insulate them but I would.
How important are all the continuity features to you? Seems like you are going through hell by not taking advantage the onboard Intel chip.
Yeah, you right that I am going through a lot but it wasn't supposed to be this hard. I bought all the parts recommended by all the guides yet it doesn't work. I guess I just don't give up that easily.

I was looking forward to no only the continuity features but Universal Control coming next week.

Thank you again for assisting me. I think I will just keep trying to contact the seller (it's aliexpress so I am not expecting much) and give up for now. If I do manage to get another refund I might try a totally different adapter. Maybe the one used in that link you sent me. They one with just a red and black wire running to the USB header.

Back