Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Do you guys disable hibernate as suggested on the initial post of this thread or can we assume that on recent versions like Catalina hibernate does work correctly. I disabled it on mine but not sure if that was still needed. It works fine on my desktop build.

Be aware that hibernation (suspend to disk or S4 sleep) is not well supported on hackintosh.

You should disable it:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

Do you guys disable hibernate as suggested on the initial post of this thread or can we assume that on recent versions like Catalina hibernate does work correctly. I disabled it on mine but not sure if that was still needed. It works fine on my desktop build.

Be aware that hibernation (suspend to disk or S4 sleep) is not well supported on hackintosh.

You should disable it:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
I don't. Even back when Rehabman was participating in this thread I left it as is.

Thanks I tried it but I got random sleep issues and BT still not working.
I of course checked that soldered BT and wifi was disabled in bios
Attached is my latest usbports.kext my BT card is plugged on HS05 type as 255 (internal)
What could be the next steps to debug this issue?
thanks
Try this version, it eliminates the last two ports and changes one value of the HS04 port

Attachments

• USBPorts-4.kext.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 47
I've been trying to get to 10.15.6 and it just reboots but doesn't count up the percentage to install it. I've tried it with system update and standalone.
My research indicates that it may be related to to SIP being disabled, but it I enable it, 0x00, with configurator it won't boot:
First photo is with OSXaptiofix
And the 2nd photo is with Aptiomemoryfix

Is this the likely reason I cannot update?
And how do I get it to boot with sip enabled if that's how to update?

Thank you so much for all you do, I've been using your folder for a very long time on my nuc8i7.
-Dan

Attachments

• 5BEAA850-F533-4AB5-8909-A5DC62EE3760.jpeg
    5BEAA850-F533-4AB5-8909-A5DC62EE3760.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 38
  • 5BE8BD41-352E-4047-AD4C-6F863EAB25D3.jpeg
    5BE8BD41-352E-4047-AD4C-6F863EAB25D3.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 44
I've been trying to get to 10.15.6 and it just reboots but doesn't count up the percentage to install it. I've tried it with system update and standalone.
My research indicates that it may be related to to SIP being disabled, but it I enable it, 0x00, with configurator it won't boot:
First photo is with OSXaptiofix
And the 2nd photo is with Aptiomemoryfix

Is this the likely reason I cannot update?
And how do I get it to boot with sip enabled if that's how to update?

Thank you so much for all you do, I've been using your folder for a very long time on my nuc8i7.
-Dan
All I can offer is to make sure you have the latest kexts, I updated with no issues but I'm using OpenCore.

lease post help requests in the Catalina Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

Pre Update Notes:
- This update may break some of your Catalina functions, like audio. Make sure you backup first. :thumbup:

- Make sure you use the latest versions of the Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. They will be in the latest release of MultiBeast.

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch:Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;

:ch: Update to the latest Clover
See the tonymacx86 Clover Builds (in Download menu) to update Clover.

:ch: In February 2020, Apple "clamped down" on non Apple approved kexts. So, update Lilu, WhatEverGreen and AppleALC, placing them in your /EFI/.../Clover/kexts/other/. Remove these kexts from the /Library/Extensions/ folder. See tonymacx86's thread:

macOS Catalina Cleanup: Remove Kexts From /Library/Extensions and Recache
For macOS Catalina, the site is changing our recommendations in regard to installing 3rd party kexts. We are changing the default location in MultiBeast from /Library/Extensions to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Moving from macOS Mojave to macOS Catalina with an existing MultiBeast 11 for...
www.tonymacx86.com
References:
https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/technotes/tn2459/_index.html
support.apple.com

About legacy system extensions
Some system extensions will not be compatible with a future version of macOS.
support.apple.com
Deprecated Kernel Extensions and System Extension Alternatives - Support - Apple Developer

developer.apple.com
developer.apple.com

:ch: If you are updating from 10.15.5, then you don't need to apply any new Port Limit Removal Patches. If you are updating from macOS before Catalina, apply any 10.15.0 Port Limit Removal Patches. Better yet, if you have created a SSDT-USB, then you're all set.

:ch: Download the Catalina 10.15.6 Update in Post #1 or the update from Apple's Mac App Store and run it - the updater will reboot upon completion.
Note: Update will reboot several times; each time Clover picks the correct boot partition. So, sit back and relax. The update takes 25-30 minutes to complete.

P1LGRIM said:
You do need to watch that you boot from the correct disk after each restart (The one with 'Install' in the title) as the system seems to default to anything but the right one.
:ch: Done! So far, another easy update! :thumbup:

Please post help requests in the Catalina Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).
Post #1 will be updated as new information becomes available.

Thank you,
How easy is it to switch to open core, I tried a while back and couldn't boot, is it as easy as drop in your folder to efi? NUC8i7beh with Samsung 970

Its pretty much that easy, you'll want to update the serial numbers etc. You can also try this Clover version and see if it works. Usb ports won't be configured though.

Attachments

• EFINUC8Clover.zip
    26.8 MB · Views: 114
Try this version, it eliminates the last two ports and changes one value of the HS04 port
Thanks why did you flag HS04 as USB 3 ? it is a usb 2 port (at least on my nuc)
I think the issue is from the HS10 which is the internal soldered BT card.
Ive disabled it and it seems that now BT works after sleep I am testing and will confirm soon
Strange thing because it is already disabled in BIOS.

Thanks why did you flag HS04 as USB 3 ? it is a usb 2 port (at least on my nuc)
I think the issue is from the HS10 which is the internal soldered BT card.
Ive disabled it and it seems that now BT works after sleep I am testing and will confirm soon
Strange thing because it is already disabled in BIOS.
I did that because that's what's working for me. Sounds like you figured it out though, incorrect USB Port Configuration. I'm using the M2 slot for a Samsung 1TB Evo Plus along with wired ethernet for best performance. No way for me to test an internal adapter or know which port you chose.

can we update 10.15.6 without problem ?

Back