Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Its pretty much that easy, you'll want to update the serial numbers etc. You can also try this Clover version and see if it works. Usb ports won't be configured though.
this folder worked, allowing me to boot, with sip disabled and still update to 10.15.6, then I switched back to my boot and clover folders.
thank you so much for all you do, I'll look into OC. your post on page 90 says nuc8i5oc5.9 is that ok with the nuc8i7beh?

this folder worked, allowing me to boot, with sip disabled and still update to 10.15.6, then I switched back to my boot and clover folders.
thank you so much for all you do, I'll look into OC. your post on page 90 says nuc8i5oc5.9 is that ok with the nuc8i7beh?
Yes

I tried booting 10.12 with those recommendations I got a Busy timeout Kextd wait (0) AppleAcpicpu

Any suggestion on what I can try next to run 10.12 on nuc8 ?

Thanks again
Here’s my EFI folder.

I also have the following kexts in /L/E:

AppleALC
CodecCommander
FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio
FakePCIID
FakeSMC_CPUSensors
FakeSMC_GPUSensors
FakeSMC_SMMSensors
FakeSMC
IntelMausiEthernet
Lilu
SATA-unsupported
USBInjectAll
WhateverGreen
XHCI-unsupported

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31.2 MB · Views: 87
Can anyone direct me to a Newbie's guide to Thunderbolt 3 on a Nuc8i5? Got a great build and everything works great but I can't seem to get Thunderbolt working. Greatly appreciate any help.

Specs:
Mojave 10.14.6
Intel NUC8I5BEK
32GB DDR4 2400
RX 580 8GB

Can anyone direct me to a Newbie's guide to Thunderbolt 3 on a Nuc8i5? Got a great build and everything works great but I can't seem to get Thunderbolt working. Greatly appreciate any help.

Specs:
Mojave 10.14.6
Intel NUC8I5BEK
32GB DDR4 2400
RX 580 8GB
A few user had issues. Try making sure USB config is correct. Dig through a few posts back and you'll find it

Specs:
Mojave 10.14.6
Intel NUC8I5BEK
32GB DDR4 2400
RX 580 8GB
Make sure in the bios under the security section that Thunderbolt is set to Legacy. Then the device needs to be plugged in at boot or it will not function.

Thank you for your efi folder ! it has booted fine (from external ssd drive) but no hdmi audio for now .. will continue experimenting soon. Thanks
I normally use the front jack for sound, but HDMI sound does work for me. I just ran a test to be sure.

Do you have FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio in /L/E?

Yes I had those kext in L/E (from previous install)

I've settled for a vmware virtual machine (backup) running 10.12 on catalina 10.15 .. for my eyetv needs. Thanks for your help. I'm keeping the efi folder as a backup to boot 10.12 in case ..
If youre running opencore, why not put those kexts in EFI. Its much more stable and is immune to upgrade deletion of MacOS

Have anyone here had problem with CMOS checksum after updating Mac OS? I had this after updating to Catalina 10.15.6. Maybe it has anything to do with NVRAM. Don't know. I am using Clover EFI.

Back