Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

yup, no problems on my end either.
I've updated also and a new folder appeared in my EFI folder : EFI/APPLE/UPDATERS/MULTIUPDATER
here is the content, is it normal? can I delete it?
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 10.13.47.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 10.13.47.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 45
Hi @Leesureone , may I ask why using an iMac14,2 for the nuc7i7bnh instead of an iMac18,1?
That's a good question, I think I made a mistake when doing my first OC build for the NUC7. With Clover when picking a symbios you are supposed to get as close to the processor model as possible. I think I made a mistake and instead of using MacBookPro14,2 with has the exact same processor I used iMac14,2. Maybe why I struggled at first with getting the display to work properly. I'll have to go back and check it out although at this point it is mostly cosmetic, at least to me.

OpenCore guidelines suggest using the iMac18,1 so there is that but I've found it not necessary to adhere to. The 18,1 is similar but uses an i5 with a different graphics processor in the Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 graphics. I'm using Macmini8,1 on the NUC8s and on my desktop I've used both iMac19,1 and iMacPro1,1.

My EFIs are a starting point, feel free to change it or any of the contents and report back.

EDIT: I just changed the symbios to iMac18,1 and it works identically with just the new system definition as expected.

Last edited:
First thanks for all the work done on the efi folder from Leesureone. wow

With it I have cloned an already existing catalina install and only copied efi folder and everything seems to work (so far). Very painless and quick.

I have only a question with video frame rate (4k 30hz max). How can I enable 60 Hz. Do I need to use a usb-c to hdmi adapter ? (can someone recommend one ?)

Also i have a simple question can i run mac 10.12.6 on nuc8i7beh ? does someone knows ?

Thanks

After testing different resolutions with resxtreme (free app) I was able to activate 4k @ 60 hz. Now output in receiver says YCbCr444 24 bits .. (at 30 bit 60 hz black screen .. )
You can try running Sierra on it but I have a feeling you would need to add emulation for the processor type and display. 10.12.6 was released June of 2017 or so and the NUC8s 6/2018.

Hi,
I have recently installed a BCM94360CS2 card with the PCIE adapter.
I have added the HS05 port as 255 type in usbports kext
Wifi and BT works.

But the BT doesn't work after wakeup from sleep, I have to reboot to have it work.
I guess it has something do with the fact that in System Report, the BT card is not flagged as internal maybe?
How could I progress to fix this?
I already tried AirportBrcmFixup kext.

thanks a lot for your help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 17.02.46.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 17.02.46.png
    37 KB · Views: 35
Hi,
I have recently installed a BCM94360CS2 card with the PCIE adapter.
I have added the HS05 port as 255 type in usbports kext
Wifi and BT works.

But the BT doesn't work after wakeup from sleep, I have to reboot to have it work.
I guess it has something do with the fact that in System Report, the BT card is not flagged as internal maybe?
How could I progress to fix this?
I already tried AirportBrcmFixup kext.

thanks a lot for your help

Its more common an issue than you may realize and reported here several times. It means your USB ports are not configured correctly. Bluetooth requires a USB connection and USB doesn't re-initialize after sleep then your bluetooth will fail. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

Its more common an issue than you may realize and reported here several times. It means your USB ports are not configured correctly. Bluetooth requires a USB connection and USB doesn't re-initialize after sleep then your bluetooth will fail. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/
Thanks for your quick response.
Here is my initial usbports.kext

You think that if I follow this guide I will be able to get BT after sleep?
thanks

Edit:
I followed the guide and the issue is still there.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Thanks for your quick response.
Here is my initial usbports.kext

You think that if I follow this guide I will be able to get BT after sleep?
thanks

Edit:
I followed the guide and the issue is still there.
Yes, make sure with your new card to turn off the soldered on Intel Bluetooth/ wireless card. You can try this version and see if it works but it was configured for an i7

Attachments

• NUC8(Macmini8,1)-USBPort.kext.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 49
First thanks for all the work done on the efi folder from Leesureone. wow

With it I have cloned an already existing catalina install and only copied efi folder and everything seems to work (so far). Very painless and quick.

I have only a question with video frame rate (4k 30hz max). How can I enable 60 Hz. Do I need to use a usb-c to hdmi adapter ? (can someone recommend one ?)

Also i have a simple question can i run mac 10.12.6 on nuc8i7beh ? does someone knows ?

Thanks

After testing different resolutions with resxtreme (free app) I was able to activate 4k @ 60 hz. Now output in receiver says YCbCr444 24 bits .. (at 30 bit 60 hz black screen .. )

I’m running 10.12.6. on a Nuc8i7beh, using Clover as the bootloader. I’m spoofing the cpu as Kaby lake (0x0906E9) and the gpu as Iris plus 650 (0x5927). It’s set as an iMac18,3.

Works fine. The only problem I’ve had is that about 20% of the time when I put it to sleep, it wakes up immediately. When that happens, I just put it to sleep again and it sleeps normally. Don’t know if this has anything to do with running Sierra or not.

Yes, make sure with your new card to turn off the soldered on Intel Bluetooth/ wireless card. You can try this version and see if it works but it was configured for an i7
Thanks I tried it but I got random sleep issues and BT still not working.
I of course checked that soldered BT and wifi was disabled in bios
Attached is my latest usbports.kext my BT card is plugged on HS05 type as 255 (internal)
What could be the next steps to debug this issue?
thanks

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 44
Thank you will try that with one of my 10.12.6 installation.
(will it make itself sleep/wake ? without issue as I plan to leave this machine on 24/7)

I need 10.12 for eyetv 32 bit.. 64 bit version is not so good its very buggy.(been using eyetv since 2008)

Maybe someone has other suggestion as software goes ? (2 hdhomerun)

And Plex wasn't that good last time I checked for recording on mac ..

Thanks
Yes, sleep/wake works fine, with the small exception I mentioned.

I run my NUC 24/7 too. Never had a failure to wake up. It will sleep either manually via the menu, or the automatically via the setting in System Prefs.

Back