Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Curious, the page 90 now is missing SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-DDA, I know the first one not needed due to the USB kexts, what about the DDA? was present on OC 5.7.
Its not needed

I changed the EFI and eliminated the SSDT-UAIC.aml which has always worked for me with my i5 and i3. I left the USBPort kext in it that is supposed to work in i7s but I can't test it myself.
I can't tell if you are having USB or Thunderbolt issues, you'd kind of need to test them separately but something maybe wrong. Do you have Thunderbolt set to legacy mode in the bios?

Thunderbolt is set to legacy, is there another setting you recommend?

Thats it and that probably won't make a difference if its just set up to use to power your display.

It's a 02:49 minutes video that says it is also for 9560 (from the channel "PC Video / Games Channel")
Okay, found it. Are you going to try the process out? Its not something one person can do and then share with others, each system will need to be set up individually.

Okay, found it. Are you going to try the process out? Its not something one person can do and then share with others, each system will need to be set up individually.

I didn't try it yet.
Is it a procedure that needs to be done every restart or it's a one time only?
Does it mean that a kext that can be used in OC/Clover might be coming soon?

Thank you!

I didn't try it yet.
Is it a procedure that needs to be done every restart or it's a one time only?
Does it mean that a kext that can be used in OC/Clover might be coming soon?

Thank you!
It doesn't say it has to be applied after every restart but on the thread here that is talked about, very similar method so its possible. I don't know the answer to your question except that in this community it always possible there will be further developments. This process already involves a kext you download and then use with the video to configure it correctly.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what DSDTs are specifically needed for bean canyon (Nuc8i5BEH) ??
Using OpenCore btw and I don't want to use patches within the config.plist, so I specifically want to stick to aml files.

Can anyone tell me what DSDTs are specifically needed for bean canyon (Nuc8i5BEH) ??
See page 90 for some reconfigured EFI folders, SSDT are included in ACPI

There is still patches in the config.plist.
Wouldn't these cause issues when booting windows?

There is still patches in the config.plist.
Wouldn't these cause issues when booting windows?
There is a setting in the OpenCore config.plist that allows you to bypass those issues and it’s enabled by default.

Back